Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazaroo)
    Its not very nice the first time you see stuff like this. Hope you're ok OP

There isn't a lot you can do to help someone having a fit when you aren't medically trained. OP did the right thing by calling for help. A lot of people would have tried to "help" by doing stuff like holding the person down or grabbing hold of their head tight.

However he/she has worded this post, they still did the right thing by calling for help. Good job OP
    Yeah **** that I weren't touching her, it's like she was being controlled by a demon or something :| yeah thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Yeah **** that I weren't touching her, it's like she was being controlled by a demon or something :| yeah thanks
    Its not nice to watch is it. Def don't touch them, but maybe move anything away from them if its going to hurt them, like if they're bashing into a chair or something. And remember that a lot of the time, people who are fitting can still hear what's going on around them, so try and reassure them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    how much caffeine had you drunk to get reactions of that speed?

LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousif92)
    was she fit though?
    Lol... took the words right out of my mind.

Nah, she was Asian.
    Ah. Unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that once on youtube, it was sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousif92)
    was she fit though?
    well he only looked at her for 0.4 seconds...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, she was Asian.
    Nice. :rolleyes:

'Cool story bro' seems apt here.

ReputationRep:
    My two brothers have epilepsy. Ive seen lots of fits and yes it can still be scary. Especially when they start grinding their teeth, fingers and toes curling, foamy saliva stuff from mouth... and it can get scary after the initial seizure too when they are not conscious of what they're doing. Sometimes they just wanna run out, or start undressing or start being aggressive. It varies and you just have to do your best.

Anyway OP, most people that haven't seen a seizure before freak out. That's normal.

ReputationRep:
    It's good that you called for help in an American accent. Maybe a verse or two of the star spangled banner would have helped even more.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she saw ma massive ****** i tend to have that effect on grls...sorreeee
    lov yaaaa
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    They aren't as bad as they look, I had one after giving blood because I hadn't had anything to drink or proper food that day. It's pretty intense, I felt like I was in a very vivid dream and was trying to get away from it, I remember it being quite terrifying but I can't remember exactly what the dream included unfortunately, its probably my brain trying to protect me from remembering it, the same way you can't really remember a dream in the morning. It only lasted about a minute but felt very long and when I "woke up" I was not sure initially where I was but worked it out after 5 or 10 seconds. Funnily enough it was quite an experience that I enjoyed, almost psychedelic, adrenaline junkies would love it. Watching them though is pretty horrifying, I am sure the girl was fine once she came around, after 30 seconds of waking up you feel almost fine.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.