The Student Room Group

Falling for my friends girlfriend..but I don't want to..HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Menakshelatte
fair enough but stop contacting her now..are you sure she doesn't have feelings for you?? maybe she's thinking the same thing..I like him but he's my bfs best friend"??
but anyways even is she did recognize or feels anything to you..yh like everyone i agree for it to not happen :smile:

it's doubtful considering we'v never met..however..she did say that i'm smart and then she said..you know.intelligence is a huge turn-on
Reply 21
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Hmmm.. So maybe block her on facebook but still talk and stuff normally?
You're not envious so that's a good thing.. you don't seem too emotionally involved with this girl..
So what is it you actually feel for this girl? Are you actually attracted to her? Or is it just that you feel happy when you speak?

she's miles away..facebook is our only method of contact. we've never met. i don't know, i just sort of look forward to talking to her everyday..we share a lot of common interests.
Original post by chigley
Can you do this to one individual person?

I dunno :iiam:
Reply 23
fair enough but stop contacting her now..are you sure she doesn't have feelings for you?? maybe she's thinking the same thing..I like him but he's my bfs best friend"??
but anyways even is she did recognize or feels anything to you..yh like everyone i agree for it to not happen :smile:

so what do you think?
Original post by varunjog
she's miles away..facebook is our only method of contact. we've never met. i don't know, i just sort of look forward to talking to her everyday..we share a lot of common interests.

Oh.. well that makes things a bit simpler.. At least this way nothing physical can happen between you two..
In that case I would recommend cutting off contact for a little bit.. Or maybe just somehow try to not look forward to talking to her?
Though don't know how you'll manage that :rolleyes:
it's doubtful considering we'v never met..however..she did say that i'm smart and then she said..you know.intelligence is a huge turn-on

Maybe i'm paranoid for thinking this but I know girls better..they have VERY strong incstincts and like to act and keep boys in pain..i dunno if she likes you..but she's deffo aware of your feelings (in my opinion)
but again even if she does
NO stay away from her.
Reply 26
Maybe i'm paranoid for thinking this but I know girls better..they have VERY strong incstincts and like to act and keep boys in pain..i dunno if she likes you..but she's deffo aware of your feelings (in my opinion)
NO stay away from her.

ok i'll try
Reply 27
NO stay away from her.

do you reckon she likes me though?
do you reckon she likes me though?

no idea..as i dont know your chats or hr character.maybe she's just naturally friendly..maybe she's to shy to hint.
but either way it doen't matter..you 2 shoudn't be together.you shoudn't like her neither should she.
Reply 29
no idea..as i dont know your chats or hr character.maybe she's just naturally friendly..maybe she's to shy to hint.
but either way it doen't matter..you 2 shoudn't be together.you shoudn't like her neither should she.

that's true!
Reply 30
A really good friend of mine started dating recently. His gf added me on facebook and we talk really often..he's told her that I'm his best friend and we both naturally want to get to know each other..me cos I want to know the girl my friend is dating and she cos she wants to know her bf's best mate.
BUT...I think I'm slowly falling for her. I can't help it. I mean I know it's stupid and it's just on facebook but I actually look forward to our conversations every day. And she starts the conversations the majority of the time. I can't just delete her off Facebook as it would be really odd. However, I must state I will never betray my friend and try to get with his girl, however I can't ignore these feelings any longer. So yeah..HELP!

Why don't you just stay friends with her?
You get bfs/gfs who have the same friends all the time, so I don't see the issue.

Is she trying to flirt with you or something?
Reply 31
A really good friend of mine started dating recently. His gf added me on facebook and we talk really often..he's told her that I'm his best friend and we both naturally want to get to know each other..me cos I want to know the girl my friend is dating and she cos she wants to know her bf's best mate.
BUT...I think I'm slowly falling for her. I can't help it. I mean I know it's stupid and it's just on facebook but I actually look forward to our conversations every day. And she starts the conversations the majority of the time. I can't just delete her off Facebook as it would be really odd. However, I must state I will never betray my friend and try to get with his girl, however I can't ignore these feelings any longer. So yeah..HELP!

try to go online less tbh... and i know its really hard, but if you do fall for her, just keep it in.. your relationship with your mate is going to last wayyy longer than if you have a relationship with hers...
I say **** her. Why not? not as if your gunna be mates for life.
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous-
I say **** her. Why not? not as if your gunna be mates for life.

of course we are going to be mates for life...
of course we are going to be mates for life...

Nah, you wont. Anyway I was being sarcastic when I said go for it.
But if you did he'd forgive you anyway.
Y'know I'm in the exact same sorta situation minus the complications. I have spoken to this guy every day without a doubt for the past few years. I could honestly say he is the 'perfect' guy - have so much in common and we share the same interests in life. He's complimented me as I have with him but now I've began realising it's not actually real. He lives miles away as well, so I've only seen him once.

The point I'm trying to make is you could be wasting your time talking to this girl, thinking she's the most amazing girl ever. But in reality, text is a tainted portayal of someone's character. I've decided to contact this guy less and find someone I'd be able to see regularly and now I've met a lovely guy who lives 5/10 minutes away. You'll be the same.

With that thought in mind, you gotta think about your best friend as well. Would you actually want to risk a friendship for someone you've only known through the internet?

You'll eventually find someone but it's not your time yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Get yourself friendzoned on purpose. Then you have no chance of ruining things.
I think the obvious advice everyone is missing is Jesus get a life and stop spending so much time on facebook.

Try going outside, its almost as good as talking inane bull**** to people you have never met on the internet.
Original post by Anonymous-
Nah, you wont. Anyway I was being sarcastic when I said go for it.
But if you did he'd forgive you anyway.

Are you joking? If someone did this in our group of friends they would be ostracised by everyone. I mean literally everyone in the group would never speak to them again.

And ****ing rightly so. How could you do that to a mate?
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Are you joking? If someone did this in our group of friends they would be ostracised by everyone. I mean literally everyone in the group would never speak to them again.

And ****ing rightly so. How could you do that to a mate?

Lets be honest, although you might be pissed off for a while, you'd soon realise that there is no point ruining a friendship over a girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending