Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have you NOT tried cannabis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have, it's alright. Prefer alcohol tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Do you drink coffee?

OP I think everyone has at least tried weed. I don't really understand how people could not at some point in their life :erm:
    Yes, and I also sometimes get prescriptions :eek: But there is no need to be pedantic about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?
    What a retarded argument. This clearly isn't the reason otherwise people wouldn't be drinking alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    cos I is not a ******* innit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    What a retarded argument. This clearly isn't the reason otherwise people wouldn't be drinking alcohol.
    Not everyone drinks alcohol either, you tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Do you drink coffee?

OP I think everyone has at least tried weed. I don't really understand how people could not at some point in their life :erm:
    To be honest, neither can I, in real life, EVERYONE has tried it...yet I come across alot of people on this board that have clearly never even seen it in the flesh...it's clear that some people have never tried it, because they say stupid stuff like "because I want to be able to spell, because I actually want to get somewhere in life, because I don't want to die!" or they post a picture of a chav, assuming anyone who smokes pot will end up in a council house (which is even more ignorant, due to the fact that some of the greatest minds in the world smoked cannabis) LMAO

As if taking a toke will ruin their lives or something...when people react this way, it is clear to me they have only ever seen the stuff on road wars or old episodes of the bill....

yet most people drink, even though they know it is bad for them, and to be honest, drinking is waaaaaay more of a chav trend, then smoking weed. I don't usually associate smoking weed with skinny white boys wearinhg soverign rings and reebok classics...I actually associate this with a can of Foster or cider...yet people aren't afraid they will turn into this huuuge chav monstor

and ofcourse before people say it's illegal, im sure a good majority of the users (lol see what I did there! ) on TSR had their first drink before they were 18....

Like I said, if you tried weed and didn't like it, fair enough, but why not give it one try? are you not curious as to what the experiance is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Yes, and I also sometimes get prescriptions :eek: But there is no need to be pedantic about it
    caffeine is in the same league as drugs like cannabis, alcohol, nicotine, cocaine etc and not the same as prescription drugs :fyi:

but i know what you mean. the illegal drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beesbees)
    Not everyone drinks alcohol either, you tool.
    No ****, but by Krov's logic there should be the same number of alcohol drinkers as there are pot smokers. Are there? No, in fact the number of drinkers is significantly higher, even though it is more dangerous. So I shall say it again, it is a retarded argument to make, and is clearly not the reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    To be honest, neither can I, in real life, EVERYONE has tried it...yet I come across alot of people on this board that have clearly never even seen it in the flesh...it's clear that some people have never tried it, because they say stupid stuff like "because I want to be able to spell, because I actually want to get somewhere in life, because I don't want to die!" or they post a picture of a chav, assuming anyone who smokes pot will end up in a council house (which is even more ignorant, due to the fact that some of the greatest minds in the world smoked cannabis) LMAO

As if taking a toke will ruin their lives or something...when people react this way, it is clear to me they have only ever seen the stuff on road wars or old episodes of the bill....

yet most people drink, even though they know it is bad for them, and to be honest, drinking is waaaaaay more of a chav trend, then smoking weed. I don't usually associate smoking weed with skinny white boys wearinhg soverign rings and reebok classics...I actually associate this with a can of Foster or cider...yet people aren't afraid they will turn into this huuuge chav monstor

and ofcourse before people say it's illegal, im sure a good majority of the users (lol see what I did there! ) on TSR had their first drink before they were 18....

Like I said, if you tried weed and didn't like it, fair enough, but why not give it one try? are you not curious as to what the experiance is like?
    Your argument boils down to :

Who gives a crap if it's illegal, try it just for fun.

/sigh

ReputationRep:
    I've never smoked anything, cannabis or otherwise.
    I don't want to, mainly because as a child I had asthma and I'd really prefer for it not to come back, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to Don't know if I'll try when I'm in Uni. Might just have a drag and tell people I hate it so they'll get off my back and stop telling me that I'm 'wasting my life' because I don't want to do drugs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No ****, but by Krov's logic there should be the same number of alcohol drinkers as there are pot smokers. Are there? No, in fact the number of drinkers is significantly higher, even though it is more dangerous. So I shall say it again, it is a retarded argument to make, and is clearly not the reason.
    Then the illegality comes into play (even though it is widely available). But its hardly retarded to cite health concerns as a reason for not smoking (especially as its usually smoked, giving rise to all the respirtry conditions associated with tabacco smoking)

ReputationRep:
    I smoked weed for about 10 years. I only just stopped about 6 months ago. For about 5 of those 10 years I was what I call a 'denial' smoker- that is what i term people who lie to themselves that they actually enjoy smoking but deep down inside they don't and they know it's no good. I'm seriously worried that spending so much time smoking that **** has left me with a permanent hazy head. I will never ever evr smoke that stuff again. I was such a fool for so long.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)

I've been offered it by people multiple times, my flatmate does it quite regularly, I've always said no.

I don't see what the attraction is, I'm perfectly happy without it, I don't need it to make me feel better. I don't do things I see no point to.

And if you are going to reply saying "but it's an experience...", not all experiences are necessarily good, living with HIV is "an experience" and not one I particularly want to experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verthandi)
    I've never smoked anything, cannabis or otherwise.
    I don't want to, mainly because as a child I had asthma and I'd really prefer for it not to come back, thanks.
    you don't need to smoke it, you can vapourise it or eat it

just sayin'

ReputationRep:
    You have a very low understanding of logic my friend. Why would it imply that there should be the same number of alcohol drinkers as pot smokers ?

Nowhere.

Please think before you write something, it's tiresome.
    You're amplifying my argument when I did not intend it to be.

If you still don't understand, let me just say that people are more prone to use their brain when considering cannabis consumption (and thus avoid it) than it is the case for alcohol, the latter being socially acceptable and thus disables critical thinking most of the time when considering a drink.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't really like the idea of taking substances to intentionally induce another brain state, unless it's for medical reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Einstein)
    Weed is less addictive than those things, especially cigarrettes.....

*and unless you are extremely weak minded you will not become addicted to it....
    Sorry i dont argue with stubborn people that twist the arguments to 'feel' right. Stop overlooking the obvious facts and get straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)
    Because I like to be able to spell correctly
    Correlation does not denote causation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    It never killed anyone directly, big difference.

And jeopardizing is a broader term than killing. You can fail at Uni / High school, and thus, jeopardize your life in a sense.

Call me feeble minded if you want to, you fail to understand your mother tongue, and that's pretty feeble in my opinion.

I don't drink alcohol either. I like being in control of my brain.

And don't thank me, I do like educating retards once in a while.
    LOL you don't drink either? WOW! You must be LOOOOOAAAADDDS of fun! I bet you have tons of friends! haha or maybe not.....

You like being in control of your brain...fair enough...but I can pretty much gurantee (yeah the politically correct anti-drug/alcohol/fun crowd will jump on me for this) that I have had alot more good times then you have....

so if you don't drink either, what exactly do you do when you go out with friends?

don't tell me you go out and dance while your totally sober?

(waits for this loser to tell me "I don't enjoy clubbing" lol)

mate, look outside your window, become a normal student, get wrecked, get a girlfriend, and have fun...but your probably not confident enough...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.