Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was too intense with my girlfriend - now she has the power... Watch

(Original post by Emma.x)
    firstly there isnt "girl" and "boy" postions in a relationship really, some girls are the more soppy ones and other times its the guy who is and secondly whats wrong with her "having the power" as you put it, if its a loving and fair relationship there isnt any power on any side surely its equal.
    Well, it seems like she has me chasing her. I'm the horse chasing the carrot, her being hte carrot so to speak. That's where the power lies, and that's why I want to get some back so we're just two horses walking together

She likes soppy things, but not all the time like what I did. I gave her too much too soon and I need to take some back! I just don't know how!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What I meant was that she wouldn't all of a sudden decide that she doesn't like me because I haven't had a chance to bore her yet lol We've been going out for almost 2 months so I've got a month or two before she gets bored of my constant attention (if I don't change, that is).

I am a bit bitter about it to be honest. I don't like being in this position lol and want to give her less attention, but Idon't want to lose her and I'd do pretty much anything to keep her. Catch 22 really, hence why I'm asking for advice!
    I've been dumped after two months for the same sort of thing. It seems to be the deadline. Unless you're a ridiculously good actor, it's going to be blindingly obvious that you like her desperately, and it doesn't really look like she feels the same. It's a crap situation to be in, but there isn't really much you can do about it. Having someone like you way more than you like them isn't particularly appealling. Even if you cool it a bit and change the way you act, you're not going to fool her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.