Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We lost the battle but we didn't lose the war. The Lib Dems will never see the light of day again and that to me is good enough in itself. I just hope a similar calamity befalls the Conservatives and Liebour.

ReputationRep:
    The Lib Dems are screwed, forever. They should enjoy the power while it lasts, cos they won't see power (if you can even call it that, seems more like licking david cameron's arse) like this again for a long long looooong time.

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting these protestors actually think they have a say, it's almost as if they think their opinions matter! They should learn that the politicians are in the house of commons because they know best.

(Original post by AshleyT)
      I think it did something - the tuition fees ONLY JUST went through, it was expected to go through by much more votes.

In addition, if the 8 lib dems to abstained had voted - it would not have gone through.

It was close and showed that some peoples minds in government could be changed.

I think it also showed how bad a position government is, aka, people resigning rather then vote.
      The point is that it still went through. Your protests failed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AshleyT)
      I think it did something - the tuition fees ONLY JUST went through, it was expected to go through by much more votes.

In addition, if the 8 lib dems to abstained had voted - it would not have gone through.

It was close and showed that some peoples minds in government could be changed.

I think it also showed how bad a position government is, aka, people resigning rather then vote.

21 minus 8 would have still given the Government a majority.

Government ministers resign before votes because how on earth can you be in Government and vote against or abstain?!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
      You wasted your time, damaged property, injured people, disgusted the taxpayer - all for nothing. Zilch.

The vote went through. Tuition fees have been raised.

If anything, it's made the government's position stronger - as they now have the taxpayer on side, as most taxpayers have been disgusted by the violent acts.
      and your name is Margaret thatcher - the most evil horrible nasty right-wing lady ever to live and PM this country.

you're clearly a buffoon wondering around these forums with that name wondering about. bugger off tbqh...the protests will continue until these condemd arse holes realise what a big big hole they're in.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FattyInNeed)
      Not true - Wales won it's tution fees rise protest. :awesome:

Shame i'm going to uni in England, though.

:sigh:
      im thinking of studying marine bio/chem at a welsh uni, but im english. would the fees rise for me since im english, or would the location of the university stop that?

ReputationRep:
      Bearing in mind the 18-25year olds have the worst turnout at a general election, I doubt this will play much part in a General Election in 5 years time! That is a long way yet, a lot more could happen to change people's minds.

Most people vote on the last year, not something that happened 5 years ago and was not of much importance to them.

Wars excluded.

So yes the students failed, and the violent protests are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=Margaret Thatcher;28845142]Sorry to break it to you, but the student vote isn't that powerful - in comparison to middle England, for example.[/QUO

but each student has parent which won't vote for them and the lib dems have completley reversed their policy which just reduces their respectibility as a party

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by im so academic)
      :five:

Tbh, I really can't people people thought protesting would change their minds. Absolutely pathetic.
      This. They also went about it the wrong way. You think anyone will take you seriously after vandalism and violence? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Singh993)
      and you're name is Margaret thatcher - the most evil horrible nasty right-wing lady ever to live and PM this country.

you're clearly a buffoon wondering around these forums with that name wondering about. bugger off tbqh...the protests will continue until these condemd arse holes realise what a big big hole they're in.
      I Second this, The tories will never be voted again.

ReputationRep:
      Sorry to break it to you, but the student vote isn't that powerful - in comparison to middle England, for example.
      I guarentee labour will win the next election. The libdems dont have a chance. Hopefully all the elderly tory voters will be dead by the next election

ReputationRep:
      You wasted your time, damaged property, injured people, disgusted the taxpayer - all for nothing. Zilch.

The vote went through. Tuition fees have been raised.

If anything, it's made the government's position stronger - as they now have the taxpayer on side, as most taxpayers have been disgusted by the violent acts.

Pffffffft :rofl:

Surely there is no skin left on Cameron's teeth now?

First disappointing election performance, and now this?

ReputationRep:
      and you're name is Margaret thatcher - the most evil horrible nasty right-wing lady ever to live and PM this country.

And yet she won three elections and remained undefeated, yes she must have been evil :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Monkeyuncle)
      Hope your happy Thatcher, Now the Tories may have destroyed MY Future, Yes I may be in year 9 but this is something that may continue into when I am going to university IF I manage to go because of the money. This is why when I am old enough to vote I will NEVER vote tory for what has just happened and for many reasons you would know yourself. Tories have destroyed many bright futures for students, And will continue to do if you are ever voted again. I hope the tories happy and I hope that the tories will never be voted again..
      How have the Tories destroyed your future?

Please bear the following points in mind:
      1. The Government is Coalition, not a Tory one
      2. Labour requested the Browne review
      3. You get a student loan
      4. You don't have to repay the debt until you are earning £21 000 a year

ReputationRep:

Your*.

Tut tut, it appears all that money Labour invested into the education system hasn't done you any favours...

Also, Margaret Thatcher was neither evil nor nasty. Her policies were brilliant.

Dont know what your talking about conservatives for they said from the start they would rise fees
        Lib dem Leader Nick Clegg is a liar here is the proof

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Monkeyuncle)
        Hope your happy Thatcher, Now the Tories may have destroyed MY Future, Yes I may be in year 9 but this is something that may continue into when I am going to university IF I manage to go because of the money. This is why when I am old enough to vote I will NEVER vote tory for what has just happened and for many reasons you would know yourself. Tories have destroyed many bright futures for students, And will continue to do if you are ever voted again. I hope the tories happy and I hope that the tories will never be voted again..
        If you're not smart enough to work out that the fee increase will end up having no more impact on students' lives than they do already, then quite frankly, you shouldn't be going to university. If you want to blame anyone for the situation, blame Labour - their reckless spending, and creation of a generation not wanting to take any responsibility has done so much damage, damage that will take years to repair. Why shouldn't students play a part in repairing the damage, what makes us so special?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Barden)
        Pffffffft :rofl:

Surely there is no skin left on Cameron's teeth now?

First disappointing election performance, and now this?
        Cameron never claimed to freeze or abolish tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
        Well, not exactly. I protested in Cardiff and look what the Welsh Assembly passed last week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.