Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    well I have quite conservative views on things and imo im not entirely sure on the whole gay concept, but im not a homophobe and they don't bother me, I am not that kind of person to be annoyed by what they do or purposely bully them or single them out, I talk to them and I am interested to know but im just not a big fan. That is just my opinion.
    Interested to know what? Christ you make it sound like we're a different life form.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm gay so take a guess. Not a fan of really camp gay guys, and ones who really adhere to what they think 'gay culture' should be though. They bug me, but obviously not because they're gay.

ReputationRep:
    A vasty portion of the guys I know are gay, and my mates, so I'd love to see 'em marry the guys they like and adopt kids. Then I can be an aunt ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    i think that what their doing is an obomination. it goes against the christian bible. gay people make me feel sick. gay men look like women, sound like women, act like women and they are just vile. i dont think there is a place for gay relationships on this planet and theres definately not a place in heaven were gays are accepted. i just dislike gays so much its had to explain. go and get yourself sorted gays and get a life
    Do you have any idea how ridiculously, offensively wrong you are?

Firstly, the majority of gay men are not camp, don't act like women in the slightest, don't look remotely feminine - they look like any other man on the street. Believe it or not, there are some extremely butch gay men out there....

They are not hurting you in any way at all. They are just normal people, who happen to have certain urges that they DID NOT CHOOSE TO HAVE. Sexuality is not a choice. Simple as. I'm sure there are many, many gay people out there who struggle with years and years of agony, mainly due to abuse from ignorant individuals like you, and who would change their sexuality in an instant if they could. They're not hurting you, so why are you so bothered? What about all the normal, loving, caring, supportive relationships out there that just happen to be between two men or two women, instead of a man and a woman? What is so awful about that?

You do know that homosexuality is not a psychiatric condition, yes?

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against gay guys, as long as they don't try anything on me :eek:

Lesbians are just incredibly hot (well most of them anyway)

I be lucky having loads of female bisexual friends (Is it me or a lot of the emo/scene girls lesbian?)

ReputationRep:
    God made Adam and Eve.... not Adam and Steve

Lol jk naaa i dont have anything against them

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind gay people - should have equal rights, however, not keen on gay marriage. Civil partnerships are fine in my opinion, but gays getting married in churches I don't agree with; but that's because I'm Roman Catholic. I'm also not sure gay adoption. Although I can understand people arguing that as long as it's a loving home, but I think that all children should have the natural right to a mother and father and benefit from interaction from both genders. This is the same reason I disapprove of divorcees or split-up unmarried couples shuffling children to and fro. I have family who were never married and have two kids. Father lives near Cambridge, and the mother, I think, has moved back up North. That's not right. It's also not natural. Animals don't reproduce and move them hundreds of miles to see each parent. Likewise, although I think being gay can be natural, it's not natural for two men to have a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    i think that what their doing is an obomination. it goes against the christian bible. gay people make me feel sick. gay men look like women, sound like women, act like women and they are just vile. i dont think there is a place for gay relationships on this planet and theres definately not a place in heaven were gays are accepted. i just dislike gays so much its had to explain. go and get yourself sorted gays and get a life
    Okay but your the type of person who makes Christians look bad. It also says in that same bible that you shouldn't judge others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ell <3)
    Ok, so I was googling some stuff earlier cos I was bored and I was disgusted to see some people's views, especially in the Western world saying that gay people shouldn't get equal rights and that they shouldn't express their sexuality publicly. This has really angered me and I just wanted other people's opinions on it?

What's your opinions on gay marriage and gay adoption too?
    i don't care.

i think every human being on this planet should have the rights to be who they are.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes annoyed....if I fancy someone then find out they're gay :sigh:

Other than that, I'm fine with it...I don't even think about it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Love is love. Simple as that. I don't care. Born straight or gay, it doesn't matter. I'm very much for gay rights. And I fully support gay marriage and adoption. Gay marriage is legal in Norway which is good, I'm not sure what the rules are for adoption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    Interested to know what? Christ you make it sound like we're a different life form.
    No Not like you're some friggin animal or martian. Interested to know, when you found out you were gay. How you came out? That stuff.

ReputationRep:
    what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Don't mind gay people - should have equal rights, however, not keen on gay marriage. Civil partnerships are fine in my opinion, but gays getting married in churches I don't agree with; but that's because I'm Roman Catholic. I'm also not sure gay adoption. Although I can understand people arguing that as long as it's a loving home, but I think that all children should have the natural right to a mother and father and benefit from interaction from both genders. This is the same reason I disapprove of divorcees or split-up unmarried couples shuffling children to and fro. I have family who were never married and have two kids. Father lives near Cambridge, and the mother, I think, has moved back up North. That's not right. It's also not natural. Animals don't reproduce and move them hundreds of miles to see each parent. Likewise, although I think being gay can be natural, it's not natural for two men to have a child.
    But what about someone whose mother has died early in life and they're brought up by their father and their uncle? Surely it's basically the same thing. And I'm sure most gay people wouldnt want to get married in a church seeing most Christians are against them

I have no problems with homosexuals - what you put up your ass (ooh err) is your own business. However, like heterosexual PDA, I rather it wasn't thrust in my face tbh.

What I have problems with is this constant barrage by the 'ethics police', that demands we MUST accept homosexuals; we MUST accept bisexuals; we MUST accept transsexuals.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rylit91)
      Civil partnerships are fine in my opinion, but gays getting married in churches I don't agree with; but that's because I'm Roman Catholic.
      I don't think anyone has suggested that churches should be forced to perform same sex weddings. What people want is gay couples to be allowed a secular wedding ceremony in a registry office just like any straight couple. No one is asking the Catholic Church to change their position on gay marriage.

ReputationRep:
      They are just like every other person. So of course they should have the same rights. People are ignorant to suggest otherwise.

ReputationRep:
      Most of them are annoying and backstabbers.

ReputationRep:
      Equal.

ReputationRep:
      They're just ordinary people to me, couldn't care less about their sexual orientation...it's not really something I associate with a person's identity.

Although having said that, a lot of gay people make their whole identity focused around the fact that they are gay...which I think works against them. If they make a big deal about their sexual orientation, so will others...either in a positive or (usually) negative way. Also I don't really like the idea of millions of gay people around the world feeling the need to conform to the universal 'gay' stereotype in the way they walk, talk, profession (hairstylist, fashion designer etc.).

It's not all gay people, but why can't those gay people who do just behave normal...or better yet as a unique individual? Why do some (or most?) talk and walk in exactly the same way, in that 'gay' way (feminine for males, butch for females).

Why can't they just be themselves, dress the way they would dress and have the profession they would like instead of thinking "oh I'm gay, so I'll wear pink and orange and leather...and I'll walk swaying my hips side to side with a floppy hand. Now what to do about my career? Hairstylist? Gays are awesome at that :yep:"

Why can't we have more gay people who are confident to be their individual-selves, walk and talk in a way they would have done for years prior to realising they're gay? Nobody can tell me that all those gays were naturally born walking and talking like that, they changed it purposely as soon as they declare their homosexuality.

It's their choice, they have free will they can do as they please...I just hope for their sake that one day they stop conforming to the universal gay stereotype and just be themselves as they would be. Like I said, it's not all but it is a huge majority.

If somebody asked me to act out a straight person's mannerisms, I'd be left clueless...there's no 'straight' way of walking and talking, they're all individually unique. Yet if somebody asked me to act out a gay person's mannerisms, I'd do it and people would guess what I'm acting out instantly.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.