Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is being approachable mean your unnattractive?-pls answer :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would ask a decent person who i think would give an answer to my question e.g. if i needed a lighter i wouldnt exactly approach a child. If i needed directions someone which i feel know what they are doing, know stuff in general, know english, live around the area and someone that will not shy away - flirt with me or give me a dirty look.
    I think you should ask yourself why you apprach people it may help.
    I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    It means you are
    1) not a tourist
    2) not a rascist
    3) not a crazy
    4) human
    how do they knw im not racist..........!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't get approached often because people have secretly guessed that your grammar is awful.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't see the logic in this statement.. approachable =/= unattractive ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    I would ask a decent person who i think would give an answer to my question e.g. if i needed a lighter i wouldnt exactly approach a child. If i needed directions someone which i feel know what they are doing, know stuff in general, know english, live around the area and someone that will not shy away - flirt with me or give me a dirty look.
    I think you should ask yourself why you apprach people it may help.
    I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.
    good answer but my main ques which you didnt answer is attractiveness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa23)
    what about boys-they dont really need to be as attractive does the same apply for them?
    I can't really say because I'm not completely, totally sure, but I would actually think that the more attractive a guy, the more approachable he is. It may be double standards coming into play ('hot women = *****y and less approachable' whereas men aren't really subject to that), but unless they're unapproachable because the girl is shy due to his good looks, then I do think attractive men will be approached more. It may also be because women and their attitude towards getting the guy they want is a lot more outright and direct nowadays and they don't have to deal with the misconception that 'hot guy = *****y and less approachable'.

On the other hand... Men have to deal with the entire 'alpha male' idea and that to show that you truly are a man and have balls, you have to have the courage to approach a hot chick. So I suppose if we take those motives into consideration, attractive women do get more than their fair share of being approached.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [Shadowplay])
    Maybe you don't get approached often because people have secretly guessed that your grammar is awful.
    The whole point of this thread is why i get approached often :eek:

ReputationRep:
    it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread
    Commiserations.

ReputationRep:
    how do they knw im not racist..........!
    Because you won't be approached if you have your BNP badge on would you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I can't really say because I'm not completely, totally sure, but I would actually think that the more attractive a guy, the more approachable he is. It may be double standards coming into play ('hot women = *****y and less approachable' whereas men aren't really subject to that), but unless they're unapproachable because the girl is shy due to his good looks, then I do think attractive men will be approached more. It may also be because women and their attitude towards getting the guy they want is a lot more outright and direct nowadays and they don't have to deal with the misconception that 'hot guy = *****y and less approachable'.

On the other hand... Men have to deal with the entire 'alpha male' idea and that to show that you truly are a man and have balls, you have to have the courage to approach a hot chick. So I suppose if we take those motives into consideration, attractive women do get more than their fair share of being approached.
    thanks for answering but i didnt get one word you said (only about 2/3)

ReputationRep:
    what if i made my hair red and spiky and turned into an emo

ReputationRep:
    thanks for answering but i didnt get one word you said (only about 2/3)
    Uh.. Did I not explain it clearly enough? Haha, sorry? It seems pretty clear to me, but then my mind runs in swirls and loops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Uh.. Did I not explain it clearly enough? Haha, sorry? It seems pretty clear to me, but then my mind runs in swirls and loops.
    are you a law student or something?

ReputationRep:
    its cause you go stockport grammar

ReputationRep:
    im joking---its cause i applied there ages ago when i was a kid and didnt get in

ReputationRep:
    im joking---its cause i applied there ages ago when i was a kid and didnt get in
    You didn't miss out!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQ8N7BoSM0
    irrelevant i know

ReputationRep:
    is it just for really attractive ppl??

ReputationRep:
    come on guys i need to get this thread into most popular

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm there so..... no!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.