Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles Attacked Watch

(Original post by Tnetinbum)
      The point I'm making is that they may think it's hilarious to attack a couple of people who have nothing to do with the college, but they wouldn't find it so funny if protesters trashed their property and threatened them for no reason. It's nothing to do with whether you're a public figure or not or how obscure the location you live in is, it's that needlessly attacking and causing damage to people who have nothing to do with the protest isn't funny, and it wouldn't be so nice if it happened to you.
      You do understand how comedy works, right? It's funny when some guy falls over on ice skates on You've Been Framed (well, kind of funny) but it would hurt if you fell over on ice skates but it's still funny.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NietzschanGuy)
      I enjoyed Boris Johnson's comment about the attack being an insult to democracy, seems a touch ironic when discussing the royals, no?
      It seems that using "democracy" to support your cause (or claiming a lack of it on the part of your opponents) is as much a trend as "freedom" was a few years ago. I wish people would stick to talking about their position or legitimately criticising their opponents rather than talking about how their option is "more democratic" or their opponents are being "undemocratic".

In any case, Boris spouting essentially harmless nonsense is par for the course, but the attack on Charles and Camilla was wrong, thoroughly unnecessary and undermines the point of the protest, no matter how much they are disliked by the public.

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
        You do understand how comedy works, right? It's funny when some guy falls over on ice skates on You've Been Framed (well, kind of funny) but it would hurt if you fell over on ice skates but it's still funny.
        So illegally damaging someone's property and engaging in criminal damage is comedy now, is it?
        • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by xnatalie01x)
        Good, I hate those two.

Good, I hate those two.

Good, I hate those two.
        Think you just about got your point across.

(Original post by jb9191)
          Seeing as you brought it up expect an invoice sent to you for damages if my property ever does get damaged.

I got your address as well through IP tracking

This is my response to the Tories & Liberal Democrats

So the P-O-L-I-C-E won't let me be
          They try to kettle me over university,
          Politicians try to charge me more in tuition fees,
          But everyone hates the Lib Dems & Tories,
          So, come on lets riot and cause catastropheee !

Now this looks like a job for me
          So everybody, just follow me
          'Cause we need a little, controversy
          'Cause it feels so empty, without me.
          I said, "I'm not happy with Clegg & Cammy"
          So lets riot against a rise in tuition fees,
          'Cause we need a little, animosity
          'Next Election vote for U - K - I - P.

Hum-die-die-la-la-la
          Hum-die-die-la-la-la
          La-la-la
          La-la-la
          I don't even know what you're talking about. What's sending an invoice to me got anything to do with my post? Ever heard of irony? And I'm calling bull**** on your 'ISP tracking'. Go on, PM me my address.

ReputationRep:
          The way BBC repeated the news on the 'Royal Car' getting 'attacked' like 50485 times, ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
          I mean I don't approve but ... :teehee:

Might have a fap over this later, camilla's big horse face mouth is open. Gobble gobble gobble. GOAN CAMILLA GIT YER RAT OOT!

So illegally damaging someone's property and engaging in criminal damage is comedy now, is it?
            It is if it's funny. Which this picture undoubtedly is. I don't agree with the actions but they are funny.

What about when Nick Griffen got eggs thrown at him? That was funny but I wouldn't want eggs thrown at me.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by NeoNerd)
            It's just appeared on the AP wires and the BBC live coverage. People who spilled over from the "protest" attacked their car as it went down Regent Street. No harm done to them, apparently.

Looks like the mob is spilling over.

I hope the same protestoes come out at his sons wedding with the paintballs.
            When the queen dies I hope the same protesters again hit the streets, as time is near for a republic.

It is if it's funny. Which this picture undoubtedly is. I don't agree with the actions but they are funny.

What about when Nick Griffen got eggs thrown at him? That was funny but I wouldn't want eggs thrown at me.
              Nick Griffin got eggs thrown at him because he advocates racist politics and deserved them. Sure I found that funny, and the picture of Camilla's face will probably make me laugh later when somebody adds a caption, but it's hardly comparable to slapstick on Dancing on Ice, is it?

Think of it this way. You'd probably laugh if your mum fell over on an ice skating rink. You wouldn't laugh if she was attacked for no reason in her car by violent thugs.

So what? Camilla is a whore. :teehee:

Nick Griffin got eggs thrown at him because he advocates racist politics and deserved them. Sure I found that funny, and the picture of Camilla's face will probably make me laugh later when somebody adds a caption, but it's hardly comparable to slapstick on Dancing on Ice, is it?

Think of it this way. You'd probably laugh if your mum fell over on an ice skating rink. You wouldn't laugh if she was attacked for no reason in her car by violent thugs.
                  It's not funny if you don't think Charles deserved it but I, personally, do think he needs taking down a peg or two. He needs to keep his interfering snout out of British architecture.

ReputationRep:
                  Hahahaha the facial expressions.... oh diddums.

ReputationRep:
                  I don't even know what you're talking about. What's sending an invoice to me got anything to do with my post? Ever heard of irony? And I'm calling bull**** on your 'ISP tracking'. Go on, PM me my address.
                  You don't learn networking modules without learning IP tracking the course would be no fun otherwise.

What's the point in telling you your address? You'll just deny it anyway.

ReputationRep:
                  Outrageous and embarrassing.

But also avoidable. Security/media etc probably had an orgasm when finding out that Royals were passing through, perfect opportunity to show up us pesky stupid students. I don't believe this was a total unorganised thing, from both sides.

ReputationRep:
                  To all those saying "big deal", I hope you get attacked by random strangers and beaten up. I am sure those amongst us who understand law and order will be more than amused at your plight.

ReputationRep:
                  It's not funny if you don't think Charles deserved it but I, personally, do think he needs taking down a peg or two. He needs to keep his interfering snout out of British architecture.
                  Why? He makes his views known about preserving our heritage, and is largely backed by the public on that one.

(Original post by jb9191)
                    You don't learn networking modules without learning IP tracking the course would be no fun otherwise.

What's the point in telling you your address? You'll just deny it anyway.
                    Sounds to me like you don't want to tell me it because you know you don't have it. I know a bluff when I see one.

ReputationRep:
                    al-Gaaidah in za land of za English Beoble claimed responsibility

ReputationRep:
                    Sounds to me like you don't want to tell me it because you know you don't have it. I know a bluff when I see one.
                    I wouldn't worry about it, the best he can possibly get is the city you are in . IP addresses will land you on a node that could be anywhere in a 50 odd km radius. This assuming you aren't using proxies and your ISP doesn't use dynamic addresses.

Submit reply
                  TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
                • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                  Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                  Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
                • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                  Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.