Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prince Charles ATTACKED by students Watch

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: they were riding in a Rolls Royce Phantom, for gods sake!? what do you expect students to do? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    They should have flipped the ****ing car over and walked away, with the explosion going off behind them in slow motion. Bloody royals, why cant we move them to a council house in Dagenham, that way we can pay decreased fees.
    Not my beloved Dagenham :sad:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan Idaho)
    they told him to get a job and to stop claiming benefits
    Shame the royal family brings in more cash to this country in a year than you will across your entire life

ReputationRep:
    "Typical. One let's one's son borrow the car and it comes back dented and scratched."

ReputationRep:
    loool it was so funny to hear on news, so random

all they were talking about were riots, then they just said camilla had been attacked. i was like WTF.

camilla is a right hag, i would punch her if i could

ReputationRep:
    It's disappointing that none of the royals were injured or killed.

ReputationRep:
    quick question - how do you know when the next protests are going to be held? desperate to go to one but keep missing the dates.
    sorry for interrupting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megwam)
    quick question - how do you know when the next protests are going to be held? desperate to go to one but keep missing the dates.
    sorry for interrupting!
    I've found out about them mostly through Facebook, but there have also been flyers distributed at university.

Keep an eye on this: http://anticuts.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megwam)
    sorry for interrupting!
    There probably won't be any more as big now sadly - the vote has gone through and the Tories and their pets the Lib Dems have passed the bill to increase fees to astronomical proportions. It's the law and it'll go ahead

Well done to the (peaceful) students who protested though - it was a closely fought contest and could have gone the other way fi a few more MPs had kept their word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaneap)
    I've found out about them mostly through Facebook, but there have also been flyers distributed at university.

Keep an eye on this: http://anticuts.com/
    Thaaaaaankkkkssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    These people aren't students. They're scum who happen to have found a good excuse to be fulfil what they see as their destiny since the day they were born: kicking peoples head in. Especially those ***** who hauled that copper to the floor and attempted to stamp him to death.
    They're just doing as they are done by, the police legitimize violence to get what they want, they should expect it back.

ReputationRep:
    Ha :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Err, how are they lucky? We don't live in the Soviet Union you know.
    Well since he's 1st in line to the throne i dont think his bodyguards are going to mess around.

Im just saying its pretty stupid to attack a car full of people with guns in it.

ReputationRep:
    While I think some of the protests against tuition fees are too extreme, I don't have much sympathy for Charles and Camilla either. People have a right to surround the car if they want to.

When G.W. Bush was elected people surrounded his car and chanted "hail to the thief" and flipped him off. While I think you should respect leaders, the royals shouldn't be any more above reproach than other world leaders.

Pictures and video
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/09...oyals-arrived/

I do have to wonder what Charles was thinking. To be honest, I tend to doubt the royals think much about being disrespected, because so often people are catering to their needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitch)
    I support protests.Charles is rich because we pay him millions every year,we should become a republic
    They have a big enough fortune of over 200 mill. Pretty sure we don't need to pay them millions every year.
    The millions we pay is only a small portion they bring in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Protesters would not have put Charles and Camilla's life in anything like as much danger as various terrorist groups, so for them the concern is about security.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how the Queen seems to be so revered overall and Prince Charles is made fun of a lot more. I don't have a lot of respect for Charles after how he (from what I've seen and read) treated Diana. Granted, he's not the only man to cheat on his wife and she had affairs of her own. However, Charles to me isn't more worthy of respect than any other person. I respect a person more for his or her character than status.

To me the Queen seems like she's dutiful to her job and a good leader. Charles seems more like an embarrassment in a lot of respects.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the comments here are ****ing appalling. Yeah nice one, you terrorised an old man and woman in a car. That's pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oscarwildelike)
    They're just doing as they are done by, the police legitimize violence to get what they want, they should expect it back.
    Hardly. The police react to public demands, a result of moral panics from the media claiming things like 'crime at an all time high' and 'more killers/neds/yobs than ever before!'. The government and public pressure the police for more results, so you can blame them for legitimising violence through that pressure to get results by whatever means necessary.

The police were just trying to do their job. Students were supposed to be protesting about increases in fees, not kicking the crap out of police who were there to ensure their own and others safety. What heroes.

ReputationRep:
    their no more special than you or I, why is it any different. Its good publicity for the students anyway. Good on them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.