Cos I'm not:

POW:

Just for jokes:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I like to whip my hair... and what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Was he the same one that then went on to ask what's stopping him dealing drugs on street corners? Fair play to the majority of the protesters. It's a shame there were some *******s in there that gave the media an easy slur image to portray but that's always bound to happen.

If nothing else, this whole sorry affair of tuition fees has ensured Nick Clegg and his ******** "Liberal" chums in parliament are finished. Their party has been set back generations so they can have their 15 minutes at the top table. I feel sorry for the public who actually believed these snakes were actually a viable alternative. As for all those who supported them in the opinion polls but didn't vote (I presume a lot of them were students) and will now support Labour, lets hope they actually vote.
    Yeah! And the guy behind him going "You get me".

Agreed, Clegg has not only ruined his own reputation but also that of the Lib dems. Also I wasn't so surprised to see Simon Hughes abstain either, he was clearly dead set against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    Did you guys honestly believe that if the protest didn't turn out violent the tuition fees wouldn't have been raised?

I know that this is a divisive issue, but I would urge everyone to recognise this for what it is: an 80% cut to an already stretched tertiary education system, foisted upon people who had no responsibility for the crisis, by people who went to university for free.

It's an absolute disgrace.

While the country suffers from deep cuts the very understanding/sympathasing Royals decided to go watch some thearitical show in their tax payer funded motorcade just round the corner from the protests.We should really admire these Royals who are only leeching off the tax payers and rubbing salt to the wound at the right time.

What have these protests achieved?

It was a huge sign to the politicians that people won't accept BS from them anymore.They are all a bunch of two faced lying warmongering thieving scumbags!

And what can i say about Nick F***** Clegg?

(Original post by Delaney)
    This is only the beginning, the Poll Tax riots didn't have immediate success however they did force out the government of the time and one year later the plans were scrapped.

Keep the faith.

They achieved nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys honestly believe that if the protest didn't turn out violent the tuition fees wouldn't have been raised?

I know that this is a divisive issue, but I would urge everyone to recognise this for what it is: an 80% cut to an already stretched tertiary education system, foisted upon people who had no responsibility for the crisis, by people who went to university for free.

It's an absolute disgrace.

While the country suffers from deep cuts the very understanding/sympathasing Royals decided to go watch some thearitical show in their tax payer funded motorcade just round the corner from the protests.We should really admire these Royals who are only leeching off the tax payers and rubbing salt to the wound at the right time.

What have these protests achieved?

It was a huge sign to the politicians that people won't accept BS from them anymore.They are all a bunch of two faced lying warmongering thieving scumbags!

And what can i say about Nick F***** Clegg?
    nick clegg is only doing whats right for the country. he wouldnt randomly just put up tuition fees for no reason. you dumb people should realise this is being done to help the future economy

ReputationRep:
    I was at the protests today, and if the aim was to **** **** up, then i'd say we did a fantastic job.
    we didnt just **** **** up, we ****ed it up with style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProfessorS)
    Did anyone else see a protester saying "We're from the slums of London & EMA is keeping us in college" :rofl: I've yet to see anything resembling a slum in the capital, he should be grateful.
    Oh dear, yes I did. I really hope he gets rejected from all of his choices...but OH NO THEN HE WILL HAVE TO TURN TO DRUGS.

If EMA is the only thing keeping you in college then you shouldn't be going to university.

AGRHH THAT GUY FAILED SO MUCH! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I was rather hoping the OP would consist of

/sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Topshop's OWNER is evil and he's a tax dodger. But... he runs a very successful corporataion that employs a huge amount of people (largely students and graduates) in London as well as nationwide.

I am employed there and don't like the idea that all the people that work with me were threatened by their fellow students (did i mention that most the people that work at Topshop are students?). Since graduating, the Arcadia group have been the only people that have offered me paid full time employment. Cos they're an evil corporation and they can afford to be over-staffed. Without Arcadia, think how many people would be unemployed. And like one man's taxes can change the fact that stuffs gona get expensive because... the country (a massive idiot that it is) voted CONSERVATIVE.

Phillip Green visits once a week. He wasn't there at the protest and he probably watched it on tv, chuckling to himself at student stupidity. Yeah good way of being taken seriously. Instead, the security guards, who work hard enough as it is, had to endure violence; the staff (many part time) had to put up with this at their workplace and basically it's a stupid idea and i'm offended that people think this is the right way of going about things.

THE END.

ps - Please don't protest at Topshop as it's a waste of time and the only thing you're doing is giving the insurance company something to do by ringing up some 24 hour window company to fix it by the morning, oh yeah and scaring the **** out of hundreds of innocent people at their workplace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I was at the protests today, and if the aim was to **** **** up, then i'd say we did a fantastic job.
    we didnt just **** **** up, we ****ed it up with style
    Oh don't worry, we'll have the taxpayers clean up your mess, also, do you know where your loan money comes from?......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    This is only the beginning, the Poll Tax riots didn't have immediate success however they did force out the government of the time and one year later the plans were scrapped.

Keep the faith.
    Labour were also going to raise tuition fees, chin up!

ReputationRep:
    ?Police: "Protesters have failed to stick to the agreed route."

To be fair, so did the Lib Dems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    WHY DID NICK CLEGG CROSS THE ROAD?

Because he said he wouldn't.
    Have you all seen the Facebook group for this? Over 18,000 likes in a day haha!

It's a great joke! Check it out!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, its success was comparable with that described below:-

The first phase opened with the attack of the 1st July, the success of which evidently came as a surprise to the enemy and caused considerable confusion and disorganization in his ranks.
    Sir Douglas Haig describing the first day of the Battle of the Somme.

ReputationRep:
    There's two things I hate about Nick Clegg - his face.

ReputationRep:
    The trip could have been easily cancelled and it was kind of stupid anyway for the Royals to head near the protestors when the signs of violence were clear alot earlier during the protest.
    Why should the Royals alter their trip because of some moronic students?

The Royals were certainly capable of peacefully driving past the students; it's a shame the students were too immature to peacefully watch the Royals drive past.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.