Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iv been told (and experienced) that WJEC is the hardest exam board for "pointless marks." You can lose the mark on a definition by stating it correctly but spelling a word wrong, even a general word like "that" as opposed to OCR which will only deduct marks for spelling errors on physics-based terms. Also you will not recieve the full marks unless you show ALL the derivation of the use of equations, in other exam boards you can write the equation, rearrange it in your head, write down an answer and get all the marks. WJEC are hard asses for science because its such a common board (main Welsh one) that they need to see the extra word/effort from each candidate to make sure they really deserve a grade!

ReputationRep:
    Rip :e:e:e:e:e:e:e

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Phys...069800&sr=8-10

That's the book you need. By using that book and nothing else, I got 115/120 in my physics 1 exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyhalsall)
    Iv been told (and experienced) that WJEC is the hardest exam board for "pointless marks." You can lose the mark on a definition by stating it correctly but spelling a word wrong, even a general word like "that" as opposed to OCR which will only deduct marks for spelling errors on physics-based terms. Also you will not recieve the full marks unless you show ALL the derivation of the use of equations, in other exam boards you can write the equation, rearrange it in your head, write down an answer and get all the marks. WJEC are hard asses for science because its such a common board (main Welsh one) that they need to see the extra word/effort from each candidate to make sure they really deserve a grade!
    This is so true its annoying

ReputationRep:
    ok
    i have done physics a level cie and i got A after suffering
    all you have to do is to study regularly and practise many questions

i know that physics is really confusing when it comes to questions
    but try putting the rules and conducting a reasoning answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Phys...069800&sr=8-10

That's the book you need. By using that book and nothing else, I got 115/120 in my physics 1 exam
    hey my school uses this book. i actually have it but i didn't think it was soo good.. i was using all the others refence books..
    i guess all just doo all the questions in this book
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.