Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arrest every single protester who caused damage/harm Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the point they would only get cautioned just wastes police time and if they do that to protesters they should do it to the police thugs who abuse their power and attact the peaceful protesters for no reason. The police are too aggressive considering they have shields and weapons against protesters who are unarmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    Prosecute them with the full force of the law, and allow universities to take whatever action they deem necessary (including expulsion).
    Prosecute people who commit crimes?

Wow, arn't you thinking outside the box.

ReputationRep:
    After the horses charged, the police deserved everything they got, and more besides. Disgusting level of brutality if you watch it back. If you've forgotten, this country belongs to everyone, not the upper class morons in government.

For some reason people also seem to think that stealing £27,000 from every student in the country is less of a crime than smashing a few windows and causing a little bit of havoc. Civil disobedience is the only way to get this stuff on the front pages, and I think we're going to see a lot more of it come the NHS cuts and the cuts to care for the elderly.

It may well be that the difficult economic times were not caused by the Tories, but the fact is that it has provided them (many of whom are guilty of far worse criminal damage through the Bullingdon club than the vast majority of protesters) with an excuse to execute their ideologically-driven policy of burdening the next generation with debt. Did they pay for their university education? I rather think not. Perhaps instead of thrusting enormous debt upon those who are just starting life, it might be worth thinking about paying for the next generation themselves, as their parents' generation did for them, and as our generation would have been prepared to do in turn. The fact is that it has to be paid somehow, of course, and the way that this was always done was out of taxes, so that those who could afford to (usually those with good university educations) paid more towards it. The fact is that their generation has now had a free ride, completely avoiding paying for theirs at all, instead squandering the savings. It's not our responsibility to pay our way out of that mess, it is theirs.

EDIT: Violence is usually the only way to show discontent to an uncaring government. They certainly wouldn't have given a damn if the protest had been peaceful, it probably would have been third page news or so. And frightening the royal parasites was great too! They have the stupidity to come through students who have just had vast sums of debt thrust upon them driving a half-million pound car in handmade tailored clothes paid for by the taxpayer and expect not to get grief? I'm disappointed that the protesters didn't manage more.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, doesn't really bother me. Let them do what they will.
    Could argue non-stop who was to blame, who performed the worst attrocities and/or what any of them did wrong.

Point is, we live in a Democracy. Protesting is allowed. Granted 'some' of the instances are a bit over the top, but I respect the passion they've got for the cause. Even if it is just unorganised vandalism.

Plus; You want them all arrested? Go and try. The Police are just as scared of a couple-thousand pissed off students as you would be on the reciving end of them. Personally, I'd enjoy watching them try and arrest them all...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)

But of course thug policemen are above the 'full force of the law'.
    Nice. Go look up the coroner report you might actually learn that the only reason the fall killed him was because he was a heavy drinker and his body was in a complete state

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-bleeding.html

However, Mr Tomlinson was a heavy drinker and both pathologists commented that his liver and heart were both diseased and this is important as it is unusual to find such a degree of scarring on the internal organs of a relatively young man.
    Medical sources told The Daily Telegraph: "Being a heavy drinker makes someone more frail, more like an old man."
    His blood vessels may have been swollen and enlarged due to his drinking and blood is less able to clot in people who drink heavily and so they bleed more profusely.

And wait to go judging the entire police force of the country by one man's action. Brilliant deductive work there.

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed at what happened with this violence. Completely undermines the entire issue and detracts any discussion/debate for the real issue at hand. I saw on the news a bunch of yobs who blatantly didn't have a brain cell between them going on about how they can't afford Uni - like they were even going to go in the first place. Too many people on turned up for the violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    we need to find out who the nob swinging from the flag at the cenotaph is
    It was Charlie Gilmour, the adopted son of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-Cenotaph.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    It was Charlie Gilmour, the adopted son of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-Cenotaph.html
    what a **** he is

(Original post by pocketfulofposy)
      To target the Cenotaph was an utter disgrace.

Such people need to remember what they owe to the people that the Cenotaph stands for.

Idiots.
      So true. Unfortunately, I doubt any of those defacing it knew of the significance behind it.

If it wasn't for the bravery of the individuals' whose memory it was erected, we'd be speaking German now.

(Original post by Mr. Orange)
        what a **** he is
        Plus, his father is no doubt rich enough to pay his fees outright.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by DougieG)
        After the horses charged, the police deserved everything they got, and more besides. Disgusting level of brutality if you watch it back. If you've forgotten, this country belongs to everyone, not the upper class morons in government.

For some reason people also seem to think that stealing £27,000 from every student in the country is less of a crime than smashing a few windows and causing a little bit of havoc. Civil disobedience is the only way to get this stuff on the front pages, and I think we're going to see a lot more of it come the NHS cuts and the cuts to care for the elderly.

It may well be that the difficult economic times were not caused by the Tories, but the fact is that it has provided them (many of whom are guilty of far worse criminal damage through the Bullingdon club than the vast majority of protesters) with an excuse to execute their ideologically-driven policy of burdening the next generation with debt. Did they pay for their university education? I rather think not. Perhaps instead of thrusting enormous debt upon those who are just starting life, it might be worth thinking about paying for the next generation themselves, as their parents' generation did for them, and as our generation would have been prepared to do in turn. The fact is that it has to be paid somehow, of course, and the way that this was always done was out of taxes, so that those who could afford to (usually those with good university educations) paid more towards it. The fact is that their generation has now had a free ride, completely avoiding paying for theirs at all, instead squandering the savings. It's not our responsibility to pay our way out of that mess, it is theirs.

EDIT: Violence is usually the only way to show discontent to an uncaring government. They certainly wouldn't have given a damn if the protest had been peaceful, it probably would have been third page news or so. And frightening the royal parasites was great too! They have the stupidity to come through students who have just had vast sums of debt thrust upon them driving a half-million pound car in handmade tailored clothes paid for by the taxpayer and expect not to get grief? I'm disappointed that the protesters didn't manage more.
        Oh my gosh you are right! Who are they to stop subisdising something during economic turmoil?

Please? Stealing? Grow up. This is not stealing. Stealing is what the left do.

ReputationRep:

After the barriers were passed forward to ram the police, the students deserved everything they got.

After the statue of winston churchill was defaced, the students deserved everything they got.

After some moron thought it'd be a great idea to swing upon the cenotaph, the students deserved everything they got.

This country belongs to everyone, not the students who throw their toys out of the pram when they don't get their way.

Do we see the theme here?

ReputationRep:
        We showed the tory *******s we arent going to take this **** lying down. I hope theres more protests, I never brought any matches to the last one

ReputationRep:
        The student 'protests' were an abomination. Those who violated the statue of Winston Churchil and who tried to break into the Treasury are traitors! University is over-subscribed anyway, so I am glad that some form of elitism is being restored

ReputationRep:

A fantastic website dedicated to the boys in blue (or is that black).

http://www.fitwatch.org.uk/policewatch-films/

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Aj12)
        Nice. Go look up the corner report you might actually learn that the only reason the fall killed him was because he was a heavy drinker and his body was in a complete state

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-bleeding.html

However, Mr Tomlinson was a heavy drinker and both pathologists commented that his liver and heart were both diseased and this is important as it is unusual to find such a degree of scarring on the internal organs of a relatively young man.
        Medical sources told The Daily Telegraph: "Being a heavy drinker makes someone more frail, more like an old man."
        His blood vessels may have been swollen and enlarged due to his drinking and blood is less able to clot in people who drink heavily and so they bleed more profusely.

And wait to go judging the entire police force of the country by one man's action. Brilliant deductive work there.
        The same could be applied to many people on this forum and beyond, who are quite happy to make a sweeping judgement about everyone involved these protest events - the majority of whom were peaceful and well-intentioned.

On your main reply to the person who posted a photo of Mr Tomlinson, I have to say that violently shoving an innocent person to the ground has absolutely no justification. Whether or not his death was caused primarily by his underlying health problems is another matter for debate. What is certain, is that he should not have fallen to the ground in the first place if that particular policeman had even the slightest sense of what it means to 'protect and serve'.

ReputationRep:
        This morning when I saw the picture of the person swinging from the cenotaph I was fuming inside, and the papers pretty much never anger me.

It was a disgrace, and he should be prosecuted with the same contempt as the man who urinated on the one in Newcastle.
        Same for the people who graffited the statue of churchill.

Absolute morons, those of you students who do not support the rises in fees, these people have just tarnished your entire image to the rest of the country, any public support you had left after millbank will plummet. Yes they were a minority, but until there is widespread condemnation from your side the public won't view it that way.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
        Prosecute them with the full force of the law, and allow universities to take whatever action they deem necessary (including expulsion).

I think it's disgusting that protesters are allowed to get away with stuff, that would usually involve immediate arrest, just because they are protesting.

All of these people should be tracked down and arrested, for breach of the peace at the very least:

:cool::ottid:

ReputationRep:
        The guy who was swinging from a cenotaph was the son of the Pink Floyd guitarist.
        Hardly a "normal" student who will be affected by these plans.

Its also probably worth reading some of the first hand accounts from http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...aftermath-live. Paints a very bleak image of the police tactics used.

ReputationRep:
        Agree.

And attacking the Norwegian Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square. What a disgrace.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.