Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been to Asia? Watch

Yes I have been to Asia really good weather compared to England

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jonski)
      Yeh I lived in Indonesia for a year, it is dirty and has a lot of problems but it was by far the best country Ive ever lived in, the poeple are so friendly it's unreal.
      (Original post by mother_eve3088)
      I lived in Indonesia for 13 years, even though it is very dirty and corrupt, the people are extremely friendly and the sites are exciting to go to.
      We are friendly, yes! Indonesians may not always offer a smile when they serve customers, but really, they're very friendly and sincerely want to help you. I've lived in Malaysia for the past 12 years and I regularly travel back to Indonesia (I think I can be considered "local" in both countries), and for nations so close to one another, the difference in service and the contrast in the general attitude of the people is astonishing. I also love the Indonesian tone when words like 'silakan', 'makasih ya, bu/pak/mbak/cici etc.', 'iya, sama-sama' are said, they just sound almost motherly and gentle.

These two posts just made my day :love:

Yep and their excellent at martial arts well my friend is

ReputationRep:
        India.

ReputationRep:
        I'm Chinese, born and raised in Malaysia and lived in Japan for five years. Malaysian cuisine is the shiznit and Japan's lifestyle and culture is absolutely amazing. I've been to Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore ... that's about it.

ReputationRep:
        Yes. I have been to the continent of Asia.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by asparkyn)
        We are friendly, yes! Indonesians may not always offer a smile when they serve customers, but really, they're very friendly and sincerely want to help you. I've lived in Malaysia for the past 12 years and I regularly travel back to Indonesia (I think I can be considered "local" in both countries), and for nations so close to one another, the difference in service and the contrast in the general attitude of the people is astonishing. I also love the Indonesian tone when words like 'silakan', 'makasih ya, bu/pak/mbak/cici etc.', 'iya, sama-sama' are said, they just sound almost motherly and gentle.

These two posts just made my day :love:
        I love Indonesian as a language, even the insults are funny, like 'bule' for the kinda derogatory term for white person (think its crazy white person?)

Went to an Indonesian kindergarden before starting at the international school, was so good, used to get there in a bajai every morning!

It was weird moving to the UK though, letting young children out in towns is so much more dangerous for kidnappings in the UK compared to Jakarta.

Argh. Indonesia. I love you And i'm coming home for two months in the summer! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        Yeah Asia's wicked, here's my country by country breakdown:

India - Love it
        Thailand - Love it
        Cambodia - Love it. My favourite country.
        Vietnam - Love it. I'm currently learning Vietnamese.

Laos - Ok, bit dull.

China - Hate it.

Joe

ReputationRep:
        I've been to Turkey, the Asian part.

To whoever negged me: Anatolia, which comprises most of Turkey, is in Asia. You utter f*ckwit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.