Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most disappointing game of 2010?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Medal of Honour

ReputationRep:
    Someone negg repped me for saying Halo Reach!? It ruined the series turning a zany and fun shooter in something attempting to be realistic and rather lame.

ReputationRep:
    Man I can't believe no one has mentioned Alan Wake. So here you go;

Alan Wake. What happened to it? After all the previews and things we'd heard years back, it turned out to be a repetitive bore. Thankfully the atmosphere the game produced saved it from being a complete disaster, but it was disappointing for sure. Deadly Premonition was so much better

ReputationRep:
    Can't pick one out of the following:
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Halo: Reach
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

All terrible games, SW:TFU2 had the potential to be as awesome as its predecessor but with just four levels of linear gameplay it was a major let down, although I must admit the combat system still feels fresh and is really innovative.

ReputationRep:
    I would have said Medal of Honor had I not been prepared and expecting it to be the pile of crap that it was.

And obviously Black Ops didn't turn out to be the gem everyone was hoping for.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that Black Ops and Halo Reach were rather disappointing. I was glad that I borrowed them rather than buying them .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    Was just wondering what you guys thought and why?

I'll add a poll when I think of more options.

A few i've seen people mention on other threads were:

Fallout: New Vegas
    Gran Turismo 5 * (I have this myself and I quite like it)
    Kane & Lynch 2

Thoughts and games guys and girl?
    +rep

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock 2
    Medal of Honor
    New Vegas
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Kane Lynch 2- the worst game ending of all time, seriously wtf was that?!?!

ReputationRep:
    black ops was a disappointment imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    I agree that Black Ops and Halo Reach were rather disappointing. I was glad that I borrowed them rather than buying them .
    same I played BO at someone's house and I thought :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Mafia II

I was so excited for this game, but it was disappointing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops, I'm not a CoD fan but I decided to borrow it from my brother and it was so disappointing... what a ****e ending too.

ReputationRep:
    Got to be final fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with a few others, Force Unleashed 2 was my worst game of 2011.
    Really looking forward to Skyrim though in November!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, thought this thread was about football matches.

ReputationRep:
    Medal of honour seems pretty poor, considering EA pretty much screwed players of bad company 2, (which is actually a much better game), to promote a game which turned out to be far worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Mafia 2 seemed to be receieved as such, but I'm enjoying it...
    I'm finding it really disappointing tbh. It isn't the gameplay that bothers me.

The story and characters are awful. The first game really made you care, and was one of the first I played with a coherent believable plot told in a decent fashion (the voice-acting in particular was superb). The whole thing tied together perfectly, and at the end you sat back and had a think like you would at the end of a good book.

I also hate the way they've tried to cash in on the consequences angle of the first game - by getting you drafted in the first five minutes and then sent to prison. It just doesn't have the same emotive punch.

This game just feels lifeless, and is trying to cash in on the gritty 'gangsta' feel. The original had a real sense of mafioso style 'honour' and 'family'. This just feels like I am robbing and killing for the lolz.

Saying that, spending 30mins beating people up in prison wasn't particularly fun either .

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Fifa 11. Which is just Fifa 10 with a more cumbersome and less attractive UI stuck on top. Oh look, now you spend five minutes pressing X between games, you're a real manager now!

ReputationRep:
    FF13 was awful. They made it way too easy. Not being able to die and those shroud things made it too easy to cheese your way through the game.

Fallout New Vegas is great minus the bugs and crashes, I don't know why people are moaning about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    FF13 was awful. They made it way too easy. Not being able to die and those shroud things made it too easy to cheese your way through the game.

Fallout New Vegas is great minus the bugs and crashes, I don't know why people are moaning about it.
    I'm not saying the game was hard, but shrouds were rare enough not to be able to "cheese your way through" on them, and the fact that if your lead character died then it was game over made it a bit "easier" to die.

The way health was restored after every fight and there was no real limit on being able to heal yourself made it a bit easier, but with the battle system that was in the game nothing else really could have worked. Another thing is that if you died, there wasn't really any penalty because you were just taken back to right before the fight that killed you, rather than being taken to your most recent save point.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.