Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

20 year old student admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain Watch

(Original post by Aj12)
      Yeah police brutality. I saw the protesters being hit on the fingers by clubs. Guess what they were doing?

Trying to ram a piece of fencing into police lines.

Idiot
      You mean, trying to give back the fencing to the police who had misplaced it in the first instance?

It's not nice to break the fingers of those who are only trying to return the fences that were erected to stop their free movement, is it?

ReputationRep:
      I wish brutality like this existed for people commit serious crimes like murder instead of getting mollycoddled in prison.

ReputationRep:
      the headlines on the news channels are of the welfare claimant and his wife having their bentley splattered with paint!

meanwhile a student had a 3 hour operation to ease bleeding on his brain after getting beaten by police

This tells you how bias the media is

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eloades11)
      stupid guy deserved it for rioting then, we cant just let people like him smash up things without getting what they deserve.

(Original post by Delaney)
      Had it coming to him.
      Not necessarily. Don't generalise that all injured protesters were the violent ones.

He could just aswell have been one of the peaceful ones, who just happend to be an easy target for the police to vent on.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Teaddict)
      Why is he bleeding on the brain? I don't understand how he is bleeding on the brain. Is he missing the top half of his skull?
      LOL!! medical fail.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yawn)
      Brain bleeds can be caused by being hit with a blunt instrument...such as a police baton. Not that I'm saying it was...but it's one of the reasons.
      I meant that the words "on the" rather than "of the" made it a bit odd, but if CathMo is correct, it makes perfect sense.

(Original post by CathMo)
      Bleeding on the brain means a blood vessel around the brain has burst / been split and the blood is therefore no longer contained in the blood vessel and so is "bleeding on the brain".
      I'm no medic or anything, but I believe that is what it means.
      Fair enough - makes sense I guess

ReputationRep:
      It doesn't say he was involved violently, even if he was - why the hell are some of you saying he deserved a stroke and bleeding in the brain?

ReputationRep:
      Depends on what he was doing.

If he was trying to attack policemen, as a number of them were, they had every right to self defence.

If he was just standing at the front of the crowd, they had no right to bludgeon him.

I got a riot shield to the face when I was at Millbank and I wasn't doing a thing, just taking pictures for my uni paper. Had a huge lump on my forehead for days after. I can see how he might've been caught up in it without actually causing violence.

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
        Shouldn't have played with fire.

The risk was there, the riot became violent and sadly people got hurt.
        Yeah, but according to the media reports we hear every time, it's only the police who get hurt.

This protest has gone down in history as the most effective since the Student Riots of 1968. I'm guessing that they won't end here and will be even bigger in the New Year as they will be joined by people of all ages and all occupations.

There's no trust that anything that this unelected government have to say has any truth any more.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Organ)
        LOL!! medical fail.
        I am no medical student

ReputationRep:
        The police act very professionally and no matter how much you like to pretend they do, they dont go charging in beating babies.

The only way you are going to get battered is if you are right up in their face throwing a missile at them or trying to break police lines.

These student 'protests' are much, much worse than the EDL/UAF stuff that has been plaguing us for the last few months, and frankly im ashamed to be part of this generation (although I have been for quite some time now).
        • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Duncan Idaho)
        yes, how dare he participate in a protest against government policy
        don't even TRY and explain that this guy didnt deserve it, he get what was coming.
        I'm not against the use of protests, but in this case, all the protests against the tuition fees are stupid, and rioting is just savage. They deserve maximum punishment if you ask me. And dont try and tell me that im not affected by the rise in tuition fee's, because I am, see me complaining about it though? No

Police, be as brutal as you want. But it'll be YOU next. Jobs, pensions - CUT! CUT! CUT!

Act as you do now, and you'll be standing alone if YOU ever need to demonstrate!

ReputationRep:
          they've even got a CRISIS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT on now talking about Charles and his bentley getting splattered :laugh:

ReputationRep:
          To the OP, you have to appreciate the difficulty of the situation - you can't tolerate law and order breaking down on the streets of the nation's capital, however when you see the kettling techniques adopted you have to think 'what the **** do the police think is going to happen?'

(Original post by Teaddict)
          I am no medical student
          I hope not!
          • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by yawn)
          Yeah, but according to the media reports we hear every time, it's only the police who get hurt.

This protest has gone down in history as the most effective since the Student Riots of 1968. I'm guessing that they won't end here and will be even bigger in the New Year as they will be joined by people of all ages and all occupations.

There's no trust that anything that this unelected government have to say has any truth any more.
          Unelected? Someone does not understand how the government works:rolleyes:

The protest has hardly gone down as effective it is lacking in any kind of political or public support.

Someone can't read. Student with bleeding on the brain its the 5th most read story on the BBC

(Original post by ArcaneAnna)
            Not necessarily. Don't generalise that all injured protesters were the violent ones.

He could just aswell have been one of the peaceful ones, who just happend to be an easy target for the police to vent on.
            According to the link, his mum says he was trying to get away from the kettling as he wasn't involved in any violence and thought he would be allowed to leave. Instead he got hit on the head by a police officers cosh...so it seems he was an easy target for the police to vent their anger on, as you say.

One could see that individual police officers couldn't stand the heat and should have got out of the kitchen...in fact, some of their colleagues were seen trying to remove them from the source of their irritation. Those sort who can't keep a check on their anger should not be recruited to the force in the first place...they belong in the army.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11967098

I need a smiley that depicts someone eating their words.
            You also need one which depicts the criminally stupid. Which suggesting that the BBC is pro police propaganda like the guy you were replying to did, when in reality they are one of th emost unbiased broadcasters in the world is.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Organ)
            I hope not!
            Haha

Dr Teaddict at your service. Oh he has bleeding on the brain.. hmm but his skull is in tact... Better remove it.

ReputationRep:
            My cynicism in humanity has just been proved right. How the bloody hell can someone deserve to be smashed in the head for just being at a protest?
            This thread shows everything that is bad with the UK. People claiming a student deserves to have possible brain damage? Seriously? I'm partly amazed, partly horrified by how quickly people have claimed that he deserved it.

(Original post by Aj12)
            For all you know he could of been one of the morons throwing flares at police. Or trying to ram police with a fence. Your trying to use this at as an argument against the police yet I doubt you know the full situation.
            Of for all you know he could be one of the many peaceful protestors who were attacked by the police?

The problem with the police responce was that it was undiscriminate. They battered people no matter if they were being peaceful or not.

stupid guy deserved it for rioting then, we cant just let people like him smash up things without getting what they deserve.
            How do you know he was rioting?

(Original post by Delaney)
            Had it coming to him.
            Why?

(Original post by Square)
            The police act very professionally and no matter how much you like to pretend they do, they dont go charging in beating babies.

The only way you are going to get battered is if you are right up in their face throwing a missile at them or trying to break police lines.
            Total and absolute rubbish I am afraid. The people who caused the violence deserve the police reaction. The peaceful protestors who were also attacked by the police do not deserve it.
            (Original post by FyreFight)
            Depends on what he was doing.

If he was trying to attack policemen, as a number of them were
            But as most people were not.

don't even TRY and explain that this guy didnt deserve it, he get what was coming.
            Why not? And how on earth can you make such a statement without knowing the actual facts? How do you know he was being violent? You do not. So shut up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.