Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where would we be without wikipedia and google? Watch

ReputationRep:
    We'd be in the dark ages [citation needed].

ReputationRep:
    on Tsr, posting and shiz

ReputationRep:
    I dont use wikipedia but I'd probably wouldnt be here if google didnt exist.
    Seriously, I found TSR through google o.0

ReputationRep:
    Google is my life saver. Whenever I need to find out the answer to some random meaningless question I google and in seconds there's an answer. It would probably take days in a library to do the same thing.

Got so much love for Google and Wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    The libary

ReputationRep:

Without them I'd have failed uni several times over.

I'd also be an ignorant **** because I'm too lazy to put more than minimal effort into finding out general knowledge stuff that intrigues me.

I also wouldn't be anywhere near the super geek I am today because assuming you also mean all lesser Wikis as well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you, but I can (and prefer to) use a library...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sani-Insanity)
    I have no idea. I rely on these websites SOOOO much. They have got me through some tough times
    Where would we be?

Same place, just without wikipedia and google.

I'd be fine without Wikipedia, because most of the time I find I'm back in a library looking for the books referenced on Wiki (I prefer reading the contexts etc). However, I'd struggle without Google.

In terms of research, I'd cope fine without either of them. However, it's the random searches I'll struggle without. For example, phone numbers for businesses and companies. Yes, I could Yellow Pages, but that takes ages. Google will not only give me the number, but a nice handy map at the same time.

ReputationRep:
      More interestingly, how did we survive without Facebook and Youtube before 2004 and 2005 respectively? Even TSR is older than those.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      We'd be damn good at researching stuff in libraries. Productivity would decrease, but knowledge of subjects would increase.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Phobia27)
      More interestingly, how did we survive without Facebook and Youtube before 2004 and 2005 respectively? Even TSR is older than those.
      We talked to people, used phones/msn etc. Good times.

ReputationRep:
      Germany.

ReputationRep:
      In a library, doing some proper work, that's where.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LaughingBro)
      Where would we be without WikiLeaks?
      I can't rep you, but I VERY MUCH AGREE.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by History-Student)

Without them I'd have failed uni several times over.

I'd also be an ignorant **** because I'm too lazy to put more than minimal effort into finding out general knowledge stuff that intrigues me.

I also wouldn't be anywhere near the super geek I am today because assuming you also mean all lesser Wikis as well.
      Agreed. At my level of laziness I wouldn't be anywhere without search engines.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
      Probably lying dead in a gutter somewhere.
      Damm it all if I don't know where the original source from that quote comes from...

ReputationRep:
      i dont know how i would do my hw lol

ReputationRep:
      Well, I wouldn't be on TSR.
      Because I only found it through a google search uni-related question.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by F1Addict)
      In a library.

/thread!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.