Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The death of F1... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Considering the amount F1 travels, and the amount of people it travels with, changing the engine size is going to make f all difference to it's 'carbon-footprint'.

It's like taking the cherry off the top of a cake and calling it dieting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    In 2012, F1 rules are changing again.

Gone are the 2.4 V8's and instead we get 1.6 v6's....All in the name of being "green."

Apart of what makes f1 so fantastic for me is that its the best of modern technology, and its so different, so much more intense than any other motorsport.

We have "green" cars. Lotus! I'd be more happy to drive a green car if i could watch a v10 f1 twice a month. I miss that beautiful, aggressive sound.

This is the latest attempt by the fia to kill f1 i feel.

Linky for all those who love the old v10 noise....
    I wouldn't really say it is dyeing. It is rather changing a lot in the past few years.

ReputationRep:
    The more I think of this the more I think it's better than the current engine freeze. I reckon the first year it's introduced there will be quite a difference between some of the engines.

ReputationRep:
    My Gran—bless her—used to watch f1 solely because of the vociferous tones. I think they gave her a moderate sexual thrill.

It's true, the sounds do have a magnetic quality. I mean, I defy anyone, of any age, to watch just a snippet of f1 and not to attempt to emulate the sounds of the cars. Trust me, it's impossible!

"vruuuummm!"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, surely if they wanted to reduce all the carbon emissions blah blah blah, instead of reducing engine sizes, which are used for a few days in a month, why not consider the transportation of the thousands of people and tonnes of cargo that gets shifted around the world, from Europe, North and South America all the way down to Australia.

I remember last year, when there was all that volcano chaos, one of the transport guys saying it takes 4 Boeing 747's to fly just the bear essentials! Then teams transport people, and most of their own equipment. :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.