ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Misfits =D
    thanks

(Original post by Luhar)
    Scrubs
    seen it, didn't think it was great

ReputationRep:
    You like 'The Wire' by David Simon, you need to see...

Treme.

It's a new show exploring post Katrina New Orleans. Excellent show and it stars Bunk from the Baltimore crime show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    You like 'The Wire' by David Simon, you need to see...

Treme.

It's a new show exploring post Katrina New Orleans. Excellent show and it stars Bunk from the Baltimore crime show.
    excellent. pretty much everything on HBO is good. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oz!

ReputationRep:
    stargate sg-1 and atlantis (NOT UNIVERSE)

ReputationRep:
    Fringe - genius sci-fi/action

Lie to Me - insanely clever drama

The Good Wife - law firm/politics - very good

Ugly Betty - Even as a bloke I enjoyed this - brilliant ending

Big Bang Theory - geeky comedy

Prison Break - brilliant, and has a good ending

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Chuck, I am in love with that show at the moment, it's like a mini action film in every ep, but it's also funny and has a good storyline.

ReputationRep:
    HUSTLE. Hustle is one of the greatest TV shows I've ever watched.

Spooks is also amazing, make sure you get around to watching it.

ReputationRep:
    Freaks and Geeks

Community

Both seriously good. You won't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    What about CSI, NCIS, Supernatural, Smallville, friends and Parks and Recreation?

I would also say you should give the US office a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Check out The Day Today, Brass Eye and People Like Us.

ReputationRep:
    The West Wing
    The X-Files
    Millennium
    Criminal Minds
    Supernatural

ReputationRep:
    Breakout and real prision breaks were the best shows on tv in the last few years. You probably can't get hold of them though.

ReputationRep:
    The Corner - HBO mini series (8 episodes) based on David Simon's book about life in inner city Baltimore.
    (Read the book as well).

I'm always seeing Battlestar Galactica suggested as the best TV show of the last decade (Obviously I assume they mean the best, apart from The Wire..). It's on my list for future viewing.

I found Being Human pretty watchable. It is vampires and werewolves again, and not a patch on Buffy, but one of the better things the BBC's turned out in the last few years.

Spiral - French detective show often compared to The Wire for it's complexity and pacing - one case per series etc. I've seen about half of the first series and it looked worth persisting with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    NCIS
    added, thanks

(Original post by Altocirrus)
    Check out The Day Today, Brass Eye and People Like Us.
    didn't like the first two. i'll look into people like us, thanks

(Original post by Dream Weaver)
    Criminal Minds
    thanks

(Original post by jose)
    The Corner
    sounds good, cheers

my external hard drive

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I would also recommend 'The Corner' as a great show to watch and relating to this is 'Homicide', also by David Simon. The first one focuses on the criminals and drug users of Baltmore and the second deals with the police and their efforts to contain the criminals and it delves into the pressures of acheiving a decent clearance rate, at the expense often of convicting the actual perpetrators.

Also, to anyone reading this, i would seriously recommend both these books, they are great non fiction books and the writer, Simon and Burns on 'The Corner', alongside Simon, is phenomenal and has been granted genius status by some university due to the books.

ReputationRep:
    mad men and modern family

ReputationRep:
    The I.T Crowd - it's amazing, try it out !

ReputationRep:
    Saxondale.

Brilliant stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Battlestar Galactica is good, and can't recommend Buffy, Angel and Firefly strongly enough.

The Walking Dead - just finished its first season - only had six episodes but will coming back with a 13-episode second season next September. Seems to be doing pretty well in the ratings so hopefully shouldn't be one of those prematurely cancelled jobs. Has been pretty amazing so far.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I always have to recommend Veronica Mars. I don't think I'm overstating it to say that on first appearances it looks like NOBODY'S cup of tea - teen girl as a private detective - but trust me the premise undersells it massively. The plot (her best friend is murdered and she's trying to find out who killed her) and the characters are just fantastic, based pretty evenly on great writing and outstanding acting. The first two seasons are a masterclass in how to perfectly structure a mystery over a whole season while still having great self-contained episode plots. Sorry to gush.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.