The Student Room Group

Pros and Cons of Drink (by the experts)

Scroll to see replies

just to say thats a myth about antibiotics and alcohol, you can understand with antidepressants, as alcohol acts as a depressant

i would really take this "expert" and not so expert
Reply 21
Original post by -Invidious-
Are you Muslim by any chance? I feel they usually are the most vocal about the cons of alcohol.

U Neg Rep Me because I dont drink? Why is that? Because you all arnt tolerant enough to accept that some people just dont want to drink..... then respectfully you can all jog on......:confused: Btw I am Christian!
Original post by I'mNewHere
All along I thought the point of drinking was to get pissed and now I find its good for you too.

Hell, Im going to have to do it more

Isn't it a depressant? How depressing! :biggrin:
Reply 23
People should have the freedom, providing they're the right age, to drink what they want as long as they do not harm others in the process. I have the same opinion on drugs as well. I personally do not indulge in taking alcohol and drugs, but I stand up for those who do because I recognise it as a civil right for people to voluntarily take in those substances. The government should not have the divine power and will to take away such things from us (we saw what happened in the Prohibition in the US of the 1920s, that didn't go well).
Reply 24
Original post by WhatTheFunk
just to say thats a myth about antibiotics and alcohol, you can understand with antidepressants, as alcohol acts as a depressant

i would really take this "expert" and not so expert

That is not what "depressant" means in this context.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending