Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pros and Cons of Drink (by the experts) Watch

ReputationRep:
    just to say thats a myth about antibiotics and alcohol, you can understand with antidepressants, as alcohol acts as a depressant

i would really take this "expert" and not so expert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Invidious-)
    Are you Muslim by any chance? I feel they usually are the most vocal about the cons of alcohol.
    U Neg Rep Me because I dont drink? Why is that? Because you all arnt tolerant enough to accept that some people just dont want to drink..... then respectfully you can all jog on......:confused: Btw I am Christian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mNewHere)
    All along I thought the point of drinking was to get pissed and now I find its good for you too.

Hell, Im going to have to do it more
    Isn't it a depressant? How depressing!

ReputationRep:
    People should have the freedom, providing they're the right age, to drink what they want as long as they do not harm others in the process. I have the same opinion on drugs as well. I personally do not indulge in taking alcohol and drugs, but I stand up for those who do because I recognise it as a civil right for people to voluntarily take in those substances. The government should not have the divine power and will to take away such things from us (we saw what happened in the Prohibition in the US of the 1920s, that didn't go well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheFunk)
    just to say thats a myth about antibiotics and alcohol, you can understand with antidepressants, as alcohol acts as a depressant

i would really take this "expert" and not so expert
    That is not what "depressant" means in this context.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.