Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    ...if you found out that it would grow up to murder you?

I was on the train today to uni and stood up all the way because there was a lot of rush and there was a mother sat down in my eye line with a small baby about 3-4 months old. It could hardly keep its eyes open for more than a few seconds.

After seeing how cute it was, a random thought came into my head that what if it grew up and was responsible for my death in 15-20 years time. Would I have the courage to kill it then? I thought this is an interesting dilemma and want to know what other people would do?
    Have sex with the woman and get her pregnant. That second baby will take revenge upon the first one for having killed you. Then, you only get pleasure, any bad action and shorter but well-lived life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    You could take the baby, adopt it, then raise it up to be a force for good :dontknow:

like simba and mufasa :moon:
    Take Simba and tell him to anal-rape Mufasa in order to get the kingdom.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Well, you couldn't. If you found out that it is going to happen, surely everything you do to 'kill' the baby will just make your death happen. There's a Greek mythological story about this.
    Oedipus the King?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    So you saw a cute baby and the thought that came into your head was murder?

On the subject of your question: no, I think I'd wait until it was older to see how things developed.
    Not exactly, Id read in the paper earlier about someone who beat their baby to death. Then I thought how could anyone beat something so defencless, and it came from there.

ReputationRep:
    This would totally end up like Oedipus Rex.

You'd try to kill the baby, fail and that would be the reason it grows up to kill you.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'd like to some day

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather die innocent than live a life full of guilt. I really don't think I'd stay sane with a baby's blood on my hands =/

ReputationRep:
    Well, you couldn't. If you found out that it is going to happen, surely everything you do to 'kill' the baby will just make your death happen. There's a Greek mythological story about this.
    There's also a Twilight Zone episode where the guy goes back to when Hitler was a baby to prevent WW2. He steals the baby from his parents and drowns it or something, getting arrested but it's ok coz he's stopped WW2.

It's then he finds out they adopt a new baby, who turns out to be the actual Hitler, but he's in prison so can't do anything about.

Can't **** with the future, because it'll just **** you right back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctarling)
    This would totally end up like Oedipus Rex.

You'd try to kill the baby, fail and that would be the reason it grows up to kill you.
    Hmm, this. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    With thoughts like that it sounds like you are the murderer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    To those who are replying with "Yes", I think you are seriously underestimating how difficult to take a life..let alone the life of an innocent child.
    It is just delayed suicide. Are you advocating that I kill myself?

ReputationRep:
    No. Apart from the obvious fact that killing any person (baby or otherwise) would be horrendous, no one would know this baby would grow up to kill me and I'm pretty sure that excuse wouldn't go down too well in court when I got sentenced to life in prison!

ReputationRep:
    And for all the people calling me a murderer, I didn't even answer my own question. But I probably wouldn't/couldn't

ReputationRep:
    Well considering it's number 6 on my to-do list, of course!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    That's the one. :five:
    Hehe :five:

I remember because of the study of Antigone I had to do in english, :sigh: those were long days lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    It is just delayed suicide. Are you advocating that I kill myself?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    Yes.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Yup.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No I could't murder it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.