Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My moms in the same room as me, so i thought i'd ask her for some advice for you instead seen as she can look at it from a parent's point of view.
    Her exact words were 'He will need all the help he can get, so its essential that he tells his parents. If he has no success in trying to get off it with your parents help, then go and see medical advice'
    I also asked her if she'd want me to tell her if i was in your situation and she said 'Yes, i wouldn't be angry with you, i'd feel disappointed. Infact, i'd probably feel responsible, like i'd done something wrong. But i'd help you'

By the way, my mom's brother was a drug addict for 30 years (it started with speed) and he died 8 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nazirard)
    You come off as slightly insensitive. The guy comes on looking for advice and you know some one seriously wants help when they're willing to ask it on a student forum full of trolls and such.
    Seems barely neg worthy. I didn't say any harsh words at all. Things like these need rather stern advise, if you know what i mean.

Thanks for explaining though, you didn't have to. Appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    What this isn't about that Bus?/??

ReputationRep:
    Just say that you're addicted and need help. Though personally I'd see my GP for help before telling family, I imagine they'd offer more constructive advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    Yeah. Without sounding like a whiny idiot, you shouldn't have started in the first place. Why did you?
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    Im sure you survived perfectly well before you started taking it..
    I dont think you would make the best social worker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    I dont think you would make the best social worker.
    You'll be pleased to know, I'm not a social worker

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.