Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age did you stop 'believing' in santa?? Watch

• View Poll Results: What age did you stop 'believing'?
    I never believed/Parents didn't do santa!
    20.77%
    Under 3
    1.54%
    2.31%
    3.08%
    4.62%
    6.92%
    12.31%
    6.92%
    3.08%
    9.23%
    5.38%
    2.31%
    Later
    0%
    WHAAT? HE'S NOT REAL?
    21.54%

ReputationRep:
    The day I went with my parents to buy my christmas presents!

ReputationRep:
    My parents always put the main presents under the tree, Santa just did the stockings hanging by the fireplace. I think I probably found out when I was about 8 or 9, but I still get my stocking every year anyway - I never told my parents I had found out so we just keep it up for fun now!

ReputationRep:
    Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    5. My brother told me.

School almost convinced me that he existed again by pretending he was arriving on his sleigh, until I saw the teacher had bells behind her back. :P

ReputationRep:
    Santa used the same wrapping paper as my parents, had the same handwriting, he used far too much sellotape, woke me up in the middle of the night and metamorphasised into my dad in just his pants, he bought me some chocolates from Marks and Spencer's, he occasionally left the price on the presents, he accidentally gave me a present meant for my brother, he always gave me a Terry's Chocolate Orange (but my friends never got one), he sometimes forgot to eat his biscuits and milk, he left no signs of forced entry, my brother told me he wasn't real, he gave my brother the same amount of presents despite the fact that I was always better, my parents never looked surprised at what santa had got me, I'm still waiting on that ray-gun, he gave me chocolates with nuts in (I'm allergic to nuts) and I never saw santa and my dad at the same time.

I was 18 when all the pieces fell together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)
    Nobody in my country believe in santa, they all believe in a guy from Spain called Sinterklaas who comes on the 5th of december to let his black piet negro slaves throw candy at children

Well ive seen it all now, let me just cross netherlands off the list of countries i want to visit.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I stop believing in him? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Well ive seen it all now, let me just cross netherlands off the list of countries i want to visit.
    and Belgium, Aruba, Suriname, Curacao, Bonaire, and Indonesia......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

What strange traditions they have :p:

ReputationRep:
    I never started.

ReputationRep:
    Seven. My mum opened the boot of the car to put something away and the presents were in there, unwrapped. I'd had doubts before, of course, but that just cemented the idea that Santa was fictional...

... shame.

ReputationRep:
    Four - my parents staged his death by sleigh accident ... on Christmas Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactussed)
    and Belgium, Aruba, Suriname, Curacao, Bonaire, and Indonesia......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

What strange traditions they have :p:
    Oh goodie, more countries i'm not going to (although i doubt they would care if i come or not)

ReputationRep:
    Quite late. 10ish.

ReputationRep:
    I never believed in Santa..

ReputationRep:
    About 7-8

ReputationRep:
    Hate people calling him Santa. We're not American!!!

ReputationRep:
    end of primary school ish... not sure exactly when... but around 10 ish probably...

ReputationRep:
    Ohh no santa is not reall

ReputationRep:
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for all the people that never believed in Santa.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.