Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Psycho father just hacked all my hair off. watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    what do you mum and sister say about this?? they must know whats going on and what your dad does to you im sorry but he is a disgusting human being, yes hes your dad but you need to get out of there and call the police on your way out the door!! go stay with friends or family theyll understand!

(Original post by Jellybean91)
    what do you mum and sister say about this?? they must know whats going on and what your dad does to you im sorry but he is a disgusting human being, yes hes your dad but you need to get out of there and call the police on your way out the door!! go stay with friends or family theyll understand!
    Well my mum keeps conceding to me that 'i deserved it', despite that I overheard her saying to my father that he's 'gone too far' but she keeps playing this stupid game of deliberately trying to wind him up and grass me up for all sorts of things then being 'surprised' when she makes my father react violently. I mean today it was mostly my sister's fault but she had a huige part in aggravating the situation by going along with her and the like. My sister just stands there looking gormless most of the time, does her bit then locjks herself in her room goes on facebook, play the martyr =/ my dad doesnt really make na secret of the fact that he 'prefers her' though.
    thanks for yours and everyone elses support by the way, its really helpful to hear despite the bunch of irrelevant 'troll' replies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Indeed we shall .
    I'm just thinking as well...this isn't exactly the most pressing issue but i'm going to have to go back to college and work on the tuesday --i'm not sure whether just to be honest to people who are going to vask about my appearance or spin some other tale. i haven't really mentioned anyuthing about home issues to any of my friends/teachers thus far so not sure whether its best just to evade it completely :/
    double anon fail, slow internet ¬¬
    If you feel comfortable. Maybe just mention it to your boss and lie to everyone else?
    Might be harder at college though.

Anyway, are you going to call the police? You can't continue to let him do this stuff to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    If this is not a troll, then please for your own sake call the damn police. Your dad is a right ****er. And that is assult, he needs to get his head checked. A few months in HM prison will sort him out. Also call samaritans or childline and get yourself out of that house!
    this is what i think too. call the police now. your dad is dangerous to you. your mum didnt protect you. and go and see your gp tomorrow. sorry about your lovely hair. :console:

(Original post by Jellybean91)
    Well my mum keeps conceding to me that 'i deserved it', despite that I overheard her saying to my father that he's 'gone too far' but she keeps playing this stupid game of deliberately trying to wind him up and grass me up for all sorts of things then being 'surprised' when she makes my father react violently. I mean today it was mostly my sister's fault but she had a huige part in aggravating the situation by going along with her and the like. My sister just stands there looking gormless most of the time, does her bit then locjks herself in her room goes on facebook, play the martyr =/ my dad doesnt really make na secret of the fact that he 'prefers her' though.
    thanks for yours and everyone elses support by the way, its really helpful to hear despite the bunch of irrelevant 'troll' replies!

(Original post by Converse)
    If you feel comfortable. Maybe just mention it to your boss and lie to everyone else?
    Might be harder at college though.

Anyway, are you going to call the police? You can't continue to let him do this stuff to you.
    yeah i think so, though i'm sort of scared to, I don't know why...my dad threatened to call them because I was shouting at him but thats majorly overreacting in comparison. I think i will though or at least go down the council and see what i can do about moving out etc, i know someone i can stay with over christmas hopefully but they live up in birmingham about 3hrs away from me so i won't be able to work or anything.
    good idea about the work thing, still worried about college though like you said its gonna be tricky.

ReputationRep:
    Move out OP and yes call childline as well. Maybe the council can help young people in your situation with housing, also there are housing associations. You'd need to start afresh independently.

I used to work for East Thames housing group and it gives practical support to young people in similar situations to you. Find out if there is one in your area. There's definitely one in London and some greater counties.

ReputationRep:
    Go to connexions as well, they can signpost you to the right places. That's what happened with one of the girls who was now staying in East Thames.

ReputationRep:
    Calling Childline (0800 1111) or the Samaritans (08457 90 90 90) is probably your best bet if you want to vent.
    Why the hell are so many people recomending this? 999 is the only number you need. He has ****ing beaten you? I don't understand why women take this **** from people. He needs to be in a prison and it's you responibility to put him there. What if he starts battering your mum or your sister or random people in the street, he is obviously the type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Drunk)
    Why the hell are so many people recomending this? 999 is the only number you need. He has ****ing beaten you? I don't understand why women take this **** from people. He needs to be in a prison and it's your responibility to put him there. What if he starts battering your mum or your sister or random people in the street, he is obviously the type.
    This.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I find it interesting that in a family of four that the father, mother, daughter (who is a year younger than you) and they have a problem with the son (you).

It would be interesting to hear the other three stories in this dispute in order to allow a better understanding by all that would give advice on how to proceed.

Yeah, you’re correct in that parents usually side with their daughters (particularly when they are the younger sibling)

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see your age and that would also work into my thought process about how to proceed.

While I certainly wouldn’t be one to tell you not to seek help and support, I would say that you need to be sure that you’re in the right because it may well cause significant life changing events for your family as well as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I find it interesting that in a family of four that the father, mother, daughter (who is a year younger than you) and they have a problem with the son (you).
    I don't think OPs a guy..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradox13)
    I don't think OPs a guy..?
    What led you to believe that? I reread all the post and see no indications otherwise.

Fathers rarely become physical with their daughters and there is usually no need to as the mother is capable of dealing with those situations.

Btw please quote me from the quote button.

ReputationRep:
    That is assault. I seriously think you should talk to the police, or social services or something. Or an extended family member at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys
    yeah i would have moved a while bakc but none of my relatives live in the country atm =/
    i know hair grows back but its just the long time this will take, it looks pretty harsh and coming up to christams and everything so wanted to look nice. Like i said it was the only thing about my appearance i actually liked and felt confident about so know i'm just in that limbo of ****-what do i do a cant go out but need to get out kinda thing
    I echo the other posts about calling the police/ childline etc, but also go to the hairdresser so they can sort out your hair! They can create a style so it's not obvious your hair's been hacked off.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope this isn't a troll as child abuse is no laughing matter, and I suspect some on this forum have experienced it.

I think your father is pure scum,as well as your mother, I can't say that about your sister as I expect this is learnt behaviour and perhaps in a different environment she wouldn't behave like this, and I would suggest contacting the police as Iam sure they would love to speak to such a disgusting bully. I would love to be a fly on the wall when he explains to a couple of policemen, why he hacked his daughters hair off or knocked her about. Or your mother, who seems to be encouraging the abuse.If I was the Policeman I would have to restrain myself in not knocking him through a wall.

Now if you feel you can't stay in that home any longer (I don't blame you) I suggest getting in touch with social services and your local council as they can provide emergency housing, as you haven't made yourself intentionally homeless as you are fleeing abuse. But I would expect,they would want you to press charges against your father, or at least make a complaint to the Police.

ReputationRep:
    What are you supposed to have done to "deserve" that OP? Other than having an argument - what was that over? Also, call the police, show them what he's done to your hair, they can put you in touch with counsellors/social services/etc to help get you out of there and make sure you're okay.

Once you've done this, get to a hairdressers and ask them to sort it out. Tell them it was some drunken idiots idea of a joke at a party if you don't want to tell the truth (they can be nosey ****ers sometimes :p: ) they'll be able to make it look nice but at a shorter style which, granted you may not want nor like the look of, but you'll at least look acceptable to go back to college/work and you can grow your hair back if you want to.

PM me if you need to chat x

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think i have more pressing things to think about than trying to attention seek on the internet? I wan tt post about a serious issue, you would find it more plausible suppose if it was under my username but i don't want to do that for good reasons, so if you have nothing constructive to say, just leave it.
    You personally might have more pressing things to do. But trolls are trolls and you're anonymous, so you could easily just be a troll with nothing better to do.

Not saying you are, just that you could be.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few things you need to do.

Its Saturday morning, contact the police who will get you through to social services, this is assault if not bodily harm, your mother i.e your legal guardian failed to protect you and actually provoked it. Domestic violence is taken very seriously.

Second thing you need to do is not speak a word to either of them, they'll do anything they can from pleading to violence to get you to stop what you're doing; don't. You'll be under protection by that stage depending on your age. I'd personally never speak to them again and not consider them family. Your father is a ******* and your mother is a conniving fud, its up to you and you only to sort this out.

The most important thing to remember is that getting help is the right thing to do, you're going to have to toss it up between relative comfort of home with the threat of violence, or losing that home comfort but no threats. I think you know what you need to choose here.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    You personally might have more pressing things to do. But trolls are trolls and you're anonymous, so you could easily just be a troll with nothing better to do.

Not saying you are, just that you could be.
    Do the OP's posts seem like trolls to you?

I mean seriously?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.