Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WikiLeaks' Julian Assange 'Should Get Nobel Peace Prize' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I agree, he's a true defender or democracy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Says Russia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...5.html#s204318

I like this one.
    Russia is a country that beats journlists to death and imprisons people indefinatly for critising the regime

Putin seems to make it his life goal to turn Russia back into the USSR, hardly a country to comment on any matter's to do iwht free speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Russia is a country that beats journalists to death and imprisons people indefinitely for criticizing the regime

Putin seems to make it his life goal to turn Russia back into the USSR, hardly a country to comment on any matter's to do with free speech.
    :ditto:

It's like that time when Turkey condemned Israel for its alleged human rights violations.

People who live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

ReputationRep:
    The actions of Julian Assange and Wikileaks and their subsequent consequences have just sparked a cyber war, created a lot of ill-feeling among citizens towards their governments and foreign governments and heightened political tensions between nations. I can't think of a possible metric that you could say that he'd qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    The Peace Prize is a joke. Why would you want to insult Assange with such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    The actions of Julian Assange and Wikileaks and their subsequent consequences have just sparked a cyber war, created a lot of ill-feeling among citizens towards their governments and foreign governments and heightened political tensions between nations. I can't think of a possible metric that you could say that he'd qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize. :erm:
    all u need to do is to be a 'political person' and hope the stupid NPP will hit you

ReputationRep:
    dodgy source.

ReputationRep:
    He deserves it more than Obama for crying out loud.

ReputationRep:
    Quite right too. Assange is a hero.

ReputationRep:
    I support Mr. Assange and think that he surely already deserves the price more than Mr. Obama.

ReputationRep:
    yes he deserves it. when the people know about each person killed in wars, and also can see pictures of them, they might rise up against wars.
    this is the very advantage of the information age. but the information must be available.

ReputationRep:
    apparently russia should be braced for a mega leak sometime in early 2011. so i dont think they will be saying this for much longer.

If he gets away from the americans I can't see the Russians being anywhere near as lenient with him. He'll get his trial in the form of two bullets through the back of his head.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.