Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be angry at my bf? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aws)
    not always.

new account = bypasses waiting a few hours plus to get approved for EVERY SINGLE POST

that is if you want to be anon. this is "anon" as it's probably someone else.
    The answer to the question is far too obvious to avoid suspicion :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL WHAT?!

He turns down vag which was on a plate for him from a good looking girl (an assumption made as you seem quite threatened) and HE has to apologise to YOU?!

Seriously take it from me 4/5 guys would have boned her then and there and you would be none the wiser. You're a mug.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I disagree with the rest of this thread. He told the girl he was off limits, he was faithful to you, yet you are now telling him he can't even talk to these girls. That's only going to push him away.
    Though I would ask him about the "kinda seeing someone" line.

ReputationRep:
    Most guys give a drunk girl a lift home in the hope of getting some, it's pretty cool he genuinely wanted to drop her off to make sure she's safe.

He's done absolutely nothing wrong, he's not responding to her flirting in the texts and he has told her he's with somebody. What more do you want?

You're the problem in the relationship, if I were him I'd most definitely have broken up with you. You invaded his privacy, blown it out of proportion, called him a slime ball and now telling him what he can and can't do. Not many people would get away with that in a relationship, don't be surprised if he ends up leaving you.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships need to be worked at and going through some one's phone does not signify trust. I would suggest that if you really want your relationship to work then you put your faith in him, trust him and if he lets you down then you will know you gave it your all.
    Don't go through his phone again. Girls will always be attracted to your bf thats just the way it is. And I am sure that guys are also attracted to you too and that is something that your bf has to deal with.
    You need to be more mature, accept the rocky with the smooth, trust your bf and move on.
    You do owe him an apology for going through his phone by the way.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    He's done nothing wrong other than 'im kinda seeing someone'.
    A lot different to 'i have a girlfriend'

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest, I'd be angry too. It's not that he's done anything wrong, it's just that I get jealous really easily, just like you obviously. The thing is that he is too nice to these girls, he should learn to be cross with them as soon as they start flirting with him. Apart from this, he seems a decent guy and it looks like he really likes you

ReputationRep:
    He's done absolutely nothing wrong.
    He didn't cheat, and make it clear to her that he has a gf.
    How the hell can you be angry at him?
    Its you who have the problem here.

ReputationRep:
    tbf, you shouldn't have gone through his texts because if you tell him what you've read he'll turn it around on you and make it into a trust issue.
    you know nothing happened, so you better put it out of your mind really.

ReputationRep:
    I can see where you are coming from becasue i had a flat mate at uni who is like that but if he did nothing you should be happy about that, also he should of not let her get close enuff to kiss him, also he cant say never see her again becasue that a bit harsh but you should tell him that she should say sorry to him and you, also you should ask him whats she mean bu the alone time she owes him thats a bit strange

2 problems.

"I trust him"

"I looked at his texts"

Really?....
      You're making this worse than it is. Its a usual convosation and he said no coz he's with you. What more proof do you need? I think its him that should be mad at you tbh. Best to leave it and get this thought out of your mind before it ruins your relationship.

The girl in question even said she'd heard he was single and when you're drunk its not the 1st question you ask so she's not in thw wrong either. Yes she could've asked if he was or not but like I said above I doubt it crossed her mind.

Edit: And I've just read the rest of it. Why is he apologising to you when its YOU who should be apologising. There is no way you can force him to choose between friends and you. I honestly think you wither need to buck up your ideas or let this poor guy go before you really hurt him or start controlling him! Pushing your boyfriend and calling him names when he;s done nothing wrong is just terrible!!

ReputationRep:
      I have to agree with everyone else- he rejected her and told her nothing was going to happen in the future either, what more do you want? No it's not a nice situation, no one likes the thought of other girls throwing themselves at your boyfriend but telling him he can't be friends with these girls will only push him away. I will admit I'd potentially be a bit miffed that he said he was "seeing someone" rather than admitting he had a girlfriend but that's only because I've been with my boyfriend 4.5 years so maybe if you've only been together a little while it wouldn't be such a big deal!

ReputationRep:
      You seem like a very annoying jealous girlfriend. Give him a break, if anything those texts prove how faithful he is!

ReputationRep:
      Why are you going through his phone for? That clearly shows you don't trust him 100% and are trying to find something negative on there to accuse him of. He turned her down though, and told her that he was seeing someone, so i don't see the problem. As others have said though, you seem to have different views on the relationship, he was rather flippant about it 'kinda seeing someone', whereas you call him your 'boyfriend', so i'd have words about that, to clarify what you are to each other.

ReputationRep:
      Wait, who is in the wrong here, you looking through his phone or him doing the commendable thing assuring the safety of one of the girls after the party?

Through your (understandable) jealousy, you need to read what he actually texted. He didn't once encourage the flirtatious content of her texts.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.