Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing faith - Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhtar)
    Why do you get killed for leaving Islam?
    The very fact that, according to the Quuran, one should be killed for leaving their faith, which they were forcefully ascribed to at birth by their parents, should make one see how fascistic and medieval the Quuran actually is.

My suggestion is; Study for yourself. Previously I was a Christian, but I studied and became an Atheist.
    I neither believe that there is such thing as a ‘god’, nor do I believe that religion is a force for good.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Mr. Ali Akhtar
    The natural inclination for religious faith is an integral part of the human essence. This is an indisputable fact of history. All scholars of comparative religion, regardless of their own religious backgrounds, agree that religious belief is a natural human condition. They differ, however about its origins.

Faith without actions arid practice is a dead end. Faith by nature is very sensitive and can be most effective. When it is not out of practice or out of use, it quickly loses its liveliness and motivation power.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'm a moslem. I have ever been in ur situation, I ever asked about the existence of God too when I was 10. But, somehow, I managed to make me believe that Islam is the right choice for me. I learned more about Islam with a 'ulama/ustad' or moslem priest, and he gave me good explanations of Islam. Now, I 100% believe that Islam is really my way of life.

ReputationRep:
    Struggle,

Most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief, the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist, on the other hand, even though he may belong to a religious family, uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; what ever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.

You are atheist now, I think for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, you should at least know the concept of God. your concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which you live. The god that a large number of people worship has got human qualities - therefore you donot believe in such a god. Similarly most people too does not and should not believe in such false gods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhakk)
    Struggle,

Most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief, the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist, on the other hand, even though he may belong to a religious family, uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; what ever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.

You are atheist now, I think for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, you should at least know the concept of God. your concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which you live. The god that a large number of people worship has got human qualities - therefore you donot believe in such a god. Similarly most people too does not and should not believe in such false gods.
    Are you honestly trying to lecture me on Theism? I'd be more than happy to debate with you.

"Your concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which you live"

My concept of god, and the generally agreed concept; is that ‘god’ is both historically and at present, a supernatural creator which oversees the universe.

One must have misunderstood me. I never said there was ‘no god’, for that would be irrational. To deny the existence of something in absolute, as Richard Dawkins stated, would be a mistake.
    I cannot deny the existence of god, just as one cannot deny the possibility that Adolph Hitler was god and the creator of the universe. However, I can use logic, rationality and evidence to make a judgement on how likely there is in fact a ‘god’.

For an Atheist, it is not about a concept of a ‘god’, it is about truth. If there was enough evidence, an Atheist would be the first person to stand up and admit that there was indeed a ‘god’, as ultimately, the genuine Atheist is concerned about truth.

ReputationRep:
    I mean any atheists, in their endeavor try to find alternatives to God for explaining the existence of the temporal things we see around us, invent some imaginary entities and give them some of the essential attributes of God.

They say in a misleading way that they believe in God; but on inspection, their god turns out to be the god of the atheists. I am referring here to people like Einstein, who is said by some to have been a believer, but whose god was in fact not God the Creator in whom we all believe. Einstein declared that he believed in “Spinoza’s god,” i.e. in a god that is identical with the universe, and who does not thus interfere from outside in its working. “The man who is thoroughly convinced of the universal operation of the law of causation, “says Einstein, “cannot for a moment entertain the idea of a being who interferes in the course of events.” [Quoted by Hans Kung, Does God Exist? Vantage Books, 1981, p. 629]

All atheists are in fact polytheists

ReputationRep:
    I obviously can't tell my parents - they will probably kick me out of the house. I'm not old enough to leave myself. I'll just wait till University and see how things go. I can't believe in something I haven't seen. It's irrational. I've heard about a lot of scientific miracles in the Qu'ran which have converted and proved to many. Any comments on these? One site I came across was : www.quranmiracles.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THIS POST

Its author is sadly deluded. The threats made in the Koran are written by man, intended to blackmail you. They are disgusting and should strengthen your desire to leave Islam, comrade.
    The Qur'an hs a challenge for those that think it's man made. Produce a verse similar to the Qur'an and you can say it's man made. Intellects/masters of the Arabic language have been trying for many centuries only to come to the conclusion that it is indeed divine and therefore they become muslims themselves.

If something is man-made then surely man should be able to make it right? especially after all the advancements in 1400 years......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhtar)
    I don't want to lose my family. My father and mother will never talk to me if I leave Islam. I can't sacrifice my family
    Then your parents are not acting in your best interest, as GOOD parents are supposed to do. They are only interested in controlling you and what their society thinks of THEM. That is selfishness in the extreme.

Religion is CONTROL. Get out while you can, even if it means leaving behind your parents stuck in their stoneage time warp.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.