Khan
    86.67%
    Maidana
    4.44%
    Dont know, will have to see
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    Khan to win.

Got the quickness and a great trainer in Freddy Roach.

Looking much stronger too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Khan to win.

Got the quickness and a great trainer in Freddy Roach.

Looking much stronger too
    Thats Khans greatest strength, FREDDY ROACH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicz)
    Thats Khans greatest strength, FREDDY ROACH.
    Also Pac-man as your sparring partner, n'uff said

Khan wont lose.

ReputationRep:
    Also Pac-man as your sparring partner, n'uff said

Khan wont lose.
    Spud, i just checked the fight is sooo late. 3/4am GMT time :'(

ReputationRep:
    Spud, i just checked the fight is sooo late. 3/4am GMT time :'(
    Hmm, I knew it would be around then, its the last fight and in vegas

I couldnt care less for the other fights now that Klitchco aint fighting. I'll TRY stay up and find a live stream, dont wanna pay 14 quid for one fight that's not going to go all the way!

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying up to watch it. I've always gone for Khan to win every match but this is 50/50. I just hope the fight is worth the 15 quid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    I'm staying up to watch it. I've always gone for Khan to win every match but this is 50/50. I just hope the fight is worth the 15 quid!
    Its going to start between 3-4am, which is L A T E. Im not sure, im going to try and stay awake for it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I knew it would be around then, its the last fight and in vegas

I couldnt care less for the other fights now that Klitchco aint fighting. I'll TRY stay up and find a live stream, dont wanna pay 14 quid for one fight that's not going to go all the way!
    Hi HumanNature, if you do find a stream could you send it to me please. Do you have to download anything for live streams, also will it be on BBC Live radio (Commentary)?

ReputationRep:
    Are you paying or watching a stream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Are you paying or watching a stream?
    First time I've paid for a boxing match. Its a big fight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Hi HumanNature, if you do find a stream could you send it to me please. Do you have to download anything for live streams, also will it be on BBC Live radio (Commentary)?
    There should be plenty, if I find one I will! If not just google something like khan vs maidana live stream or go to justin tv and search there.

No you dont have to download anything for online live streams. Ermm i'm not sure tbh about commentary,.

ReputationRep:
    Its going to start between 3-4am, which is L A T E. Im not sure, im going to try and stay awake for it.
    I'm going to sleep at 1 and wake up at 3! probably sleep on the sofa

ReputationRep:
    First time I've paid for a boxing match. Its a big fight!
    I'm watching it through a stream, paid for his first Box Office fight, big mistake!!

I could have brought a curry that night rather than watching Khan get downed in 53 seconds. If he wins tonight though I'll probably start paying again.

ReputationRep:
    There should be plenty, if I find one I will! If not just google something like khan vs maidana live stream or go to justin tv and search there.

No you dont have to download anything for online live streams. Ermm i'm not sure tbh about commentary,.
    Thanks a bunch
    If I'm still awake and watching the fight I'll chat to you on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    khan in 7.

ReputationRep:
    Khan wins in 5. IMO

ReputationRep:
    9/1 for Khan so far lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm ordering it this simply because it's the first big real test for Khan since he lost to Prescott. I expect Khan to come through on points or wear him down and knock him out in the later rounds although Ortiz dropped Maidana a few times and he got up so a long night ahead.

Khan's defence is way better since Prescott loss, he's not going to make that mistake again. I think every single boxer's chin is susceptible to a big punch but it depends on whether you defend yourself properly to make sure you don't get hit.

I'm sure Khan's haters will find something to criticise him on as they always do, "He's not fighting Maidana" they used to say, now he is and if he overcomes it, I hope he gets some credit.

I'm undecided as to whether to stay up till 4am or 5am or get some sleep for a few hours. What are the plans for the rest of you lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah man I box and the first thing the trainer told me was keep your guard up because the only place you can't build muscle is your jaw, you're born with the one you've got, and Amir Khan's jaw is as punch proof as a piece of crockery
    Tbh, If hit on the button with the right timing the best of the best could end up being floored. A few weeks back we saw Paul Williams being KO'd against Sergio Martinez, and we know how much of a great chin that guy had. Khan's defence was abysmal back then and he was suceptible to those type of punches. Since he's training with Freddie in the Wildcard gym, he's defence has improved a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I've paid for this event because I think it will go 12 rounds or late and I want to see how Khan does in his first test under Roach.

ATM, I'm planning to get a few hours kip on the sofa before getting up at 3.30amish. But might be persuaded to stay up late if anything's on the Sky Plus Planner

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.