Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That's awful. Really upsetting

ReputationRep:
    Aye it is rather. Disturbing as if someone can do this to a dog, as it would be yelping in pain...what's to stop them taking the next step and attacking a person for their sick thrill?

Some people are saying those who did this should be killed, should have all their bones broken. A little heavy handed I think. As I often say these people need to appreciate the impact of what they've done. It's all to easy to do something without having suffered it yourself, only if you can put yourself in their shoes can you truly understand and comprehend the wrongs of what you've done. They need to understand that dogs pain, the acid burning at it's nose and in it's throat, it's lungs would have felt as if they were on fire, a horrible way to die, screaming out for it to stop. Obviously they should not be killed like the dog was, but a taste of it's suffering might make them realise the gravity of their crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnificentFuhrer)
    Words can't even describe how I feel about thisI have no diea what this becoming of this country: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cket-ACID.html

I do admit though that I think there is more than meets the eye about this story.
    Yes, someone did something horrible. But do you think this is any different to any period in the history of the country? There is nothing special about this incident, nothing is 'becoming' of the country, get some perspective.

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
      All the bones in their body should be broken for such monstrous cruelty :mad: Or if they're particularly remorseless, we should force them to drink battery acid.
      Like stoning someone to death for commiting adultery? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MagnificentFuhrer)
      Words can't even describe how I feel about this I have no diea what this becoming of this country: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cket-ACID.html

I do admit though that I think there is more than meets the eye about this story.
      Welcome to modern Britain where the retarded vermin rule the streets. I have heard of other stories of people burning cats and doing other sick **** for no reason.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by air-ninety-one)
      while i may agree with you, and dont get me wrong, i DO. but there is no way the person who did this deserves that kind of treatment. a human life is so much more valuable than an animals and thats just the truth. we are the supreme evolutionary mammal. you hippy animal protectors should realise this
      Hah, I am no hippy animal protector.

If they did such things to a human (even if they didn't kill them) I'd want nothing less than an execution. Yes we are the supreme evolutionary creature, and in doing so we must recognise that people who are needlessly cruel to animals are very likely to be needlessly cruel to humans too. It says alot about their mentality, that they revel in suffering. I would consider people who sadistically kill helpless animals in the same way that I consider a vicious killer dog. Beasts, to be put down. This particularly riles me because it's acid, a deliberately and extremely sadistic method of causing excruciating pain and disfiguration.

So, take things into perspective. Whoever did this is guaranteed to be a horrible, evil person in both deeds and character.

ReputationRep:
      Acid is it really that painful? Or is it just your imagination...

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't only suspect chavs either if I was the police, in my experience so called respectable looking people are capable of doing really weird sick things. I would certainly wonder about the neighbours, if the dogs barking all the time,perhaps he gets out etc etc. and some freak snapped. It would certainly have to be someone who knows about this dog,so I would investigate very close to home. I wonder if there has been other dogs or cats who have been killed like this in the area?,

Anyway,whoever did,it needs to be locked up permanently, because they are not safe to be let out in society, anyone who would do that to a domesticated animal, is not mentally normal.

ReputationRep:
      They do this sort of thing to women in pakistan.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Something_Ironic)
      Whoever is responsible should be given the same treatment as the dog.
      Whilst, as an animal lover, I am appalled and disgusted by this story, I am concerned by a seemingly growing trend among people in the UK (and the Western world as a whole, I suppose) to desire disgusting acts of retribution as the norm. I mean, you don't even seem that bothered that you are advocating torture. What possible good could come of soaking the head's of the perpetrators in acid?

But in another note, is anyone else finding themselves strangely attracted to the owner of the dog?

I think she could scrub up nicely.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Teveth)
      Whilst, as an animal lover, I am appalled and disgusted by this story, I am concerned by a seemingly growing trend among people in the UK (and the Western world as a whole, I suppose) to desire disgusting acts of retribution as the norm. I mean, you don't even seem that bothered that you are advocating torture. What possible good could come of soaking the head's of the perpetrators in acid?

But in another note, is anyone else finding themselves strangely attracted to the owner of the dog?

I think she could scrub up nicely.
      What you mean,in a dirty scutter who blows old men for her fix and had her ass buggered by a tramp when she passed out in the bushes kind of way?

ReputationRep:
      I would love to dip their head in acid...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hasin_arshad)
      I would love to dip their head in acid...
      Errrr, why? Are you a sadist?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Teveth)
      It's like public executions in the middle ages... Tabloids are there to quench the thirst of blood of the people. It's not a growing trend, it's been there since the dawn of time. The death penalty would have never been banned if the measure was passed by referendum.
      The torture of a vicious criminal helps allay feelings of powerlessness and violence that most people with uneventful lives have.

ReputationRep:
      Put their heads in acid, that's justice. I get sick of the comments from all these liberals.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.