Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tories warn Cameron: Listen to us or we mutiny Watch

ReputationRep:
    It has been 13 years. If Tory backbenchers split up the coalition I will be truly surprised.....and very amused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    True but it was after the Lib/Con coalition between (IIRC) 1919-1922 which kept Lloyd George in power and outraged many tories who saw the Libs as their worst enemies and Lloyd Georges as similar to the anti-chirst after the 1909 budget. Thus when the Cons swept the board in the 1922 election due to the growing power of Labour the new members decided to form their own coaltion to represent their interests against the leadership who had betrayed them-the 1922. They opened it up to others in IIRC 1925 but kept the tradition of it being closed to Ministers till 2010 when Cameron tried to force it open-only to backtrack pretty rapidly.

Lot of echos of that situation ATM-there was talk of a 2010 committee after all...
    I know, I just find it amusing is all.

ReputationRep:
    Why do i have an image in my head of the tories throwing david cameron over board on a pirate ship?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.