Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of this British schoolboy's speech? Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you like the speech?
    My sentiments exactly
    21.21%
    Yes - but stop mimicking Tony Blair's speech style, it makes me want to punch the computer screen
    25.76%
    LOL
    19.70%
    n0
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Future leader of the labour party lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Every left winger is banging on like there is a second French revolution going on in England, truth is these students would take any excuse to get out of thier grubby flats and boring lives. And no one takes you seriously becuase the working public thinks you are violent and lazy and can't take your share of the cuts as everyone else has to.
    I agree with you broadly; I think the increase in fees may well be a good thing, stemming qualification inflation and eradicating idiotic degrees. But I'd say it's true that the cuts to education have been massive and personally I would be investing in higher education if the government wants to keep the money in Britain.

In other news, the guy is really hot!

ReputationRep:
    I liked it, but was it improvised or what?

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was quite good. Although the whole "they believe in something" idea is just nonsense. Quite a few of the protesters were idiots with no knowledge of politics, economics at all and as one poster has quite rightly pointed out - they were jumping on the bandwagon. Having said that there were genuinely some quite intelligent, able and plausible protesters who were genuinely there because of their own intelligent thought.

I wish all of the student protesters were intelligent, well-rounded and not simply protesting against "Tory Scum". But unfortunately you will always get uneducated morons at protests like these who are an embarrassment to themselves and the student population. And unfortunately these are the only ones the media will portray.

This is the reason I haven't been to any of the protests and have simply chosen to write to my MP and subsequently have a meeting with him. The protests are dominated by moronic idiots who have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Every left winger is banging on like there is a second French revolution going on in England, truth is these students would take any excuse to get out of thier grubby flats and boring lives. And no one takes you seriously becuase the working public thinks you are violent and lazy and can't take your share of the cuts as everyone else has to.

For someone who dislikes students so much, you spent an awful lot of your time on The Student Room... :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    For someone who dislikes students so much, you spent an awful lot of your time on The Student Room... :teehee:
    beep beep

ReputationRep:
    His speech was reliant on fast continuous words stringed together, it was cheap but it worked because everyone was clapping. The kind of speech which makes you listen only because you’re waiting for something valuable to be said, in which this case, there really wasn’t anything of value said. A great speaker doesn’t need to rely on passion to make a great speech. Passion adds to a Speech, it doesn’t make one. Did you notice that beneath the face of confidence, he was insecure about what he was saying? That’s what happens when your speech is too abrasive.
    Also, making jokes and side comments undermines the sincerity of the speech. If someone replied to what he said and he needed to reply in return, you would see how bad he is.

ReputationRep:
    It was a well-written speech but I found it hard to concentrate on the words because all I could hear was, "you know", Tony Blair.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds exactly like someone who doesn't know what he is talking about

ReputationRep:
    He nose what he's talking about, lol.

But seriously, he sounds like an apparent prick.

Prick, who will eventually join Labour.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.