Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh oh oh The Return of Martin Guerre is really good too, if a little predictable.

ReputationRep:
    Irreversible. Bloody love that film!

ReputationRep:
    Les Choristes definitely!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    J'aime "Les Choristes". C'est drôle et aléatoire. Je l'ai fini regardent aujourd'hui en classe de français.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougieowner)
    J'aime "Les Choristes". C'est drôle et aléatoire. Je l'ai fini regardent aujourd'hui en classe de français.
    I agree! it kinda gives u a heart-warming feeling afterwards doesn't it? I watched it twice now but I had to use english subtitles though...cos I am like a total beginner (well i have had 9 lessons so far...anyways i m quite surprised that i can understand fully what u said )
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzj166)
    I agree! it kinda gives u a heart-warming feeling afterwards doesn't it? I watched it twice now but I had to use english subtitles though...cos I am like a total beginner (well i have had 9 lessons so far...anyways i m quite surprised that i can understand fully what u said )
    Yes, it does. In class, I used the English subtitles. I've been learning French for 1 year and 1 term and I'm now doing GCSE. Some people in my class have done it for two years, but I started with Spanish in year 7 and then as I was in set 1 for Spanish, I got to study French in year 8. I'm now in Year 9 and studying both for GCSE. Well done for understanding me, you must be amazing at languages as you've only had nine lessons so far and understand full, more complex sentences. I know that after nine lessons, I was only using simple phrases. =P xD

ReputationRep:
    Le samourai, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Hidden are my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    Truffaut! Les 400 coups is good...
    Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources are good but i would recommend reading Pagnol's books beforehand though.
    La Haine is intense. really intense.
    If you haven't seen Persepolis also.. it's really good. Not a classic, and not about France, but about a girl growing up during the Islamic revolution.. it's pretty dark but it's also a black and white cartoon. It's original.. and won loads of awards.
    And... it's in French

ReputationRep:
    amelie

very popular, funny and french to the point of becoming a cliche

well i really like it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Breathless - Jean Luc Godard, saw that at the BFI - amazing film.

ReputationRep:
    Ma Vie En Rose...note this is NOT La vie en rose..
    this story is about a little boy called ludovic :')

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I just wanted to thank everyone who suggested Les Choristes here. I completely adored it! I used french subs, cause spoken french eludes me somewhat, and it was amazing.
    Thanks again, everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've seen: Amélie, Les Choristes, Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A very long engagement), Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis (One of my favourites), Le Diner de cons- All very good films!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.