Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My lips burning like mad (not sure whether it's dryness?) Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is very common. Try to REFRAIN from licking them as much as you can, you don't NEED vaseline if you do this but it helps. The outer skin should peel off or flake off after a few days because of the dryness and the pores will start to hydrate your skin more. Trust me, it happened to me like last week. Just remember NOT TO LICK, it's tempting but it will make it worse. Oh and if you need something a little more effective than vaseline, get a portion of chips from a chip shop, the oil from the chips will rub off as you eat them.

Buy some vaseline, apply it at regular intervals and it'll eventually start to heal.

Hey presto!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DancinBallerina)
      Buy some vaseline, apply it at regular intervals and it'll eventually start to heal.

Hey presto!
      been using vaseline for the past week

(Original post by Ninat)
        been using vaseline for the past week
        Try the Aloe Vera one or try Cocoa butter.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.