Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Online dating if you're a guy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    Seriously, don't worry about it. Concentrate on your future yourself. When you become all professional and mature, then POW! That's when you'll become a hit with the girls. Okay, so some pretty boys will get the girls now but trust me, later they'll be no use to us. Girls will search for the more family orientated professional mature reliable type.
    I already am professional and mature and virtually have my career sorted.. I'm at that stage now. I don't want to wait till I get too old! And I don't look half bad too. These girls just don't know what they're missing out on I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think dating websites are a bad platform to find a partner. It's a very inorganic way to meet people, and most of the people there are not worth bothering with for one reason or another.

There are FAR better, easier, and more effective ways of meeting prospective partners.

The only way Ive met women for dates etc...is online dating. Im too shy, and also have hardly any friends (and those friends dont invite me out/introduce me).

Ive had 3 realtionships gained from online dating (my only 3). If i didnt use them, I would be nowhere at the age of 25.

However, women lie and mess you about - ill give you a few examples of women cancelling me a number of times

1) Been cancelled by a women for a date 4 times
    2) Another woman cancelled a date on me 5 times
    3) Another women cancelled on me 8 times! Why would you agree to meet up 8 times then cancel

Make that what you will. I dont know if its my fault...

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay for all online dating sites anyway in order to even speak to anyone, so what's the point? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    TSR should have a personal ads section, it really really should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    TSR should have a personal ads section, it really really should.
    Would you find that helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Would you find that helpful?
    Would you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Would you?
    Surely it would pale in comparison to the likes of www.shaadi.com and www.match.com since these are much more established providers and have a larger chunk of the 'single and looking for...' market. Unless Al-TSR can come up with something those sites don't have.

ReputationRep:
    I tried online dating once, next thing I know I had George Michael's 3 inch penis forcefully stuck up my ass in the middle of a local park at 4am in the morning.

I was outraged, a park? :mad: Am I that cheap? At least a night club toilet or something :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Don't even get me started on some of the girls on dating websites. I swear half the girls I personally find attractive on there have an unrealistic outlook on the type of guy they're going to find on there. I get the feeling that if we aren't some Abercrombie and Fitch model, a rugby player, tall dark and hansome then there is no hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    The even half-pretty ones are only in it for an ego boost.The only chance you have of procuring gash this way is by focusing on young single mothers and the hoplessly fat who happen to live very locally.
    It's not the fact that it's so true, it's that it's SO specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    Online dating is for **** who can't meet people in real life.
    Ah, what it must be to have such modest standards that your romantic aspirations are so readily satisfied. I envy you.

(Original post by i.am.lost)

There are FAR better, easier, and more effective ways of meeting prospective partners.
    Such as?

Why say that, and then not state examples to help us socially inept cretins?

ReputationRep:
    Allow online dating man that's not romantic

Person - "Ooh, where did you meet her"
    You - "Uuhh online"

Pfft :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Surely it would pale in comparison to the likes of www.shaadi.com and www.match.com since these are much more established providers and have a larger chunk of the 'single and looking for...' market. Unless Al-TSR can come up with something those sites don't have.
    Given the number of relationships that have come into being through TSR, it's not wholly implausible.

ReputationRep:
    I made an account on POF once as a girl (dont ask, practical joke), within about an hour i had 100+ messages from guys.
    That is why OP, you're a small fish lost in a sea of millions of others

ReputationRep:
    Funny fact: I got rejected not by a girl on the site but by the actual dating site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd it just me or is this almost impossible? I think I'm quite good looking, have good points going for me in my profile and never cone across needy or desperate, but it's just so difficult to get anywhere. Even when I message girls that aren't mega attractive. I can't help but feel even if I was king dingaling himself on these sites it would still be mega difficult. What I've had lately is getting into conversations and the girls just suddenly stop talking! Even though we seem to have some good stuff in common. So are most girls on these sites completely up themselves or is it me?
    Keep at it. I started talking to this Spanish girl after being on Match. com for two years with no luck. She is a real handful. Has a history with bad men, and a challenge to talk to, but you know, I am starting to get somewhere with her. By that I mean like i am starting to gain her respect. But my it is challenging.

I did have facebook a long time ago. Quit that. Met some nice people.

You just have to perservere.

But nothing beats going out to the pub and club. In my opinion. Women tend to be less picky than when looking for a mate online.

Good luck to you.

Save your money for making yourself appaear more attractive to get girls on the street

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.