The Student Room Group

Would you fancy an older/mature student at uni?

Scroll to see replies

how can it be fne if your'e 18 and he's 35?? he's old enough to be your dad..
Reply 21
Original post by Menakshelatte
how can it be fne if your'e 18 and he's 35?? he's old enough to be your dad..

So? That's not that bad a gap, you hear of plenty of 18-22 year olds with guys in their 30s. As it seems, most girls prefer older guys.
deffoo x
Reply 23
Original post by Alpha_Male
So? That's not that bad a gap, you hear of plenty of 18-22 year olds with guys in their 30s. As it seems, most girls prefer older guys.

Yeah, I agree with this actually. I tend to find guys in their late twenties/early thirties most attractive and most of my female friends like older men too. My bf is in his late twenties, but before I started going out with him I had a massive crush on a 34 year old.
Reply 24

So if you know that, why are you posting this question?
Reply 25
Original post by ManAbout
So if you know that, why are you posting this question?

Dunno, guess I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth really.

i cant comment on others opinion i can just say mine.i've never seen such big gaps in my life.
for me MAXIMUM 7-8 years..

if she's 18 and the guys 35..17 years?? no...
Reply 27
Dunno, guess I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth really.

But, there are many horses and many mouths. Not all of them are going to have the same opinion. Opinions on a forum like this are irrelevant to what happens when you actually end up in uni. The only horse's opinion that will matter at that time is the one you want.
Reply 28
I'm 22 and I think I'd go up to 35 years old, but I really like older guys anyway, for some reason.
I might yeah. It just depends on the person really.
Reply 30
Original post by ManAbout
But, there are many horses and many mouths. Not all of them are going to have the same opinion. Opinions on a forum like this are irrelevant to what happens when you actually end up in uni. The only horse's opinion that will matter at that time is the one you want.

That's true. Though judging by this thread, many uni girls do like men in their early to mid 30s.
Unis have this age dimension going on all the time. Remember that uni is not all about undergraduates, as well as a few mature undergrads there are students in their late 20s and 30s doing masters courses and PhDs, some of them have interaction with younger undergrads in seminars and extra catch up classes and so on.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with getting to know younger students, it's not like you are dealing with people who are underage, however unis do tend to contain examples of 'that guy', and you don't want to be 'that guy'.

'That guy' is usually a guy who is a bit of a loser with relationships, he has struggled to find anybody to go out with him and feels like he's getting older so he thinks now he's in a university environment, there will be more single females around because they are younger, so he will start hanging around them trying to befriend them. Usually this is the type of guy who is a superficially 'nice guy' type but a bit manipulative and will get bitter and angry if a girl turns down his advances. He will probably think that 18 year old girls will be a bit naive and impressed by his extra years of age and life experience, however the girls will have a better social radar than he suspects and they will soon suss him out and chat amongst themselves about him being a bit creepy.

Ironically the older guys who are most likely to catch the undergraduate girls attention, are the ones who don't actively try to befriend and chat them up, ie they just have contact with them through tutorials or whatever, and if they are reasonably good looking and confident etc then the girls chat will be speculating on is he single, talking about how they like going to his classes because he's a bit of eye candy etc etc.

I used to take a first year tutorial group and I enjoyed the teaching part and the banter with undergrads, obviously you notice when there's fit girls in the group but I reckon it's not the proper thing to try and take contact outside of the classroom. One time I was out in town and one of the girls from my group was there, she came over and got me to come and meet her friends, we chatted for a bit, she was a bit drunk and giddy, then she started dancing flirtatiously with her hands on me and then tried to get off with me! I broke it off and just said "sorry, but I'll get in trouble if I do anything like this" and both of us got pretty embarrassed and made a bit of awkward small talk before I went back to my friends. I then was not looking forwards to going in for the next tutorial but (unsurprisingly) she didn't turn up, there were only two more sessions of the semester and she didn't turn up for either of them. Even though it wasn't my fault I felt bad that I'd put her off from coming back in to the tutorials and I also hated the idea that it would have probably been talked about and become 'gossip' in the group.
Reply 32
you can't help who you fall for
Reply 33
Original post by 786girl
you can't help who you fall for

True that.
Reply 34
Original post by int_applicant
something about your comments intrigues me.....I like the way you sound...

Why, thank you.
Original post by int_applicant
something about your comments intrigues me.....I like the way you sound...

It's probably the purple ink. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh hell yes!
Reply 37
Oh god yeah. There is a guy on my course who is late twenties who is so hot; and I met a guy doing a post grad who is unbelievably attractive (shame about his dull personality...). So yeah, I would deffo fancy a older uni student.
Yes but not just because they are old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending