Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex- boyfriend/fiance keeping me on the hook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    You could have just talked to him if you felt you were going to quick. Maybe your friend was just jealous?

Also, why don't you think this girl is right for him?
    I know, I should have done that x I think she really didn't like him but she was jealous as well because he chose me over her (even though she never really wanted to go out with him) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmm, a similar thing happened to me, except i'm a guy and she's a girl.

I know it's hard not to reply, but that's probably the only real advice that stands a chance that there is.
    Thanks it's just hard because he's now like one of my really close friends x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    I know, I should have done that x I think she really didn't like him but she was jealous as well because he chose me over her (even though she never really wanted to go out with him) x
    Maybe you can tell him how you feel now? And tell him that you don't like the way he's messing you about. Give him an ultimatum either you or his current GF.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can tell him how you feel now? And tell him that you don't like the way he's messing you about. Give him an ultimatum either you or his current GF.
    I've done that before and he basically chose her lol x I confronted him just now and he apologized and i guess everything's resolved for now x

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an ego boost. Or he gets close again and scared. I go with the first though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, he really has you right where he wants you. He's using you, stop letting him.

ReputationRep:
    He's got GF and chose her over you, have some self respect and move on for your own good.

ReputationRep:
    He is bad for you. He is trying to lead you on. ou finished with him for a reason, remember that reason, move on and cut all contact.
    I was in a similar situation and did this, we managed to regain a friendship much later on however. But that was only when we but managed to get completely over each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    He's got GF and chose her over you, have some self respect and move on for your own good.
    I have self respect, I just don't want to be mean and not talk to him when he talks to me when we are very close friends.

ReputationRep:
    It's an ego boost for sure. he is just making sure he keeps you vaguely interested by acting like he has feelings for you so that if things don't work out with his gf, he has you ready to fall back on, cos he's "been telling you all along he still has a thing for you"
    On the other hand, maybe he does still have a thing for you. The ex I was with before my ex was my first serious relationship and I still had feelings for him a long time after we were split up. I actually honestly thoght I always would have those feelings bt of course they faded and eventually disappeared!

I have this too.. i broke up with guy cause it wasn't working, it didn't feel right. even though i did like him a lot. he texted me everyday asking how i was.. then was distanced when i replied. everytime i was moving on, he would text or facebook me and i wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him. i would delete him from facebook. or just be strong and will yourself not to speak to him. be cold and distant towards him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have this too.. i broke up with guy cause it wasn't working, it didn't feel right. even though i did like him a lot. he texted me everyday asking how i was.. then was distanced when i replied. everytime i was moving on, he would text or facebook me and i wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him. i would delete him from facebook. or just be strong and will yourself not to speak to him. be cold and distant towards him.
    But what if I want to get back together with him, and he wants the same thing? I recently told him to 'stop ignoring me' and that 'I'm over him' so he doesn't have to 'act coldly towards me' x

ReputationRep:
    If he wants the same thing Indigo, why is he still with his girlfriend? This is what I was saying about hanging on.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him and don't ever make full contact with him unless you're completely over him.
    You are holding yourself from moving on and it's gonna mess you up emotionally/mentally if you don't stop this as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    You could have just talked to him if you felt you were going to quick. Maybe your friend was just jealous?

Also, why don't you think this girl is right for him?
    And I don't think she's wrong for him, I just don't think he should marry her because I don't think she's 'the one' for him x

ReputationRep:
    sleep with him and then tell his gf
    he's being a **** so ruin his life

remember pics or it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kldeegan)
    sleep with him and then tell his gf
    he's being a **** so ruin his life

remember pics or it didn't happen
    I could easily break them up, but I don't want to ruin both of their lives, do I? x

ReputationRep:
    Oh I could easily break them up, but I don't want to ruin both of their lives, do I? x
    No.
    • TSR Support Team

If he's going cold on you all the time he is not interested and just looking for an ego boost.

ReputationRep:
    I could easily break them up, but I don't want to ruin both of their lives, do I? x
    If you really like him, and you genuinely don't think this girl is for him, then go get him back.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.