Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to steal this guy's girlfriend. Watch

(Original post by Hylean)

If she says yes, remember that song.

To be fair, I think you're bloody arrogant for thinking you're better than her boyfriend when you don't even know the guy, especially when they've been together for so long. If you want to go for it, go for it. If she's a decent girl, she'll say no. If she says yes, you'll never really be able to trust her.

Plus, she'll probably think you're a wuss for doing it over Facebook.
    Check my first post I never say I better than him, I just say I don't think he suits her and she deserves more than that. Her friends say the same thing too, I mean it's so freaking obvious. Even if she say yes, it doesn't mean she's a bad girl or anything, they are in a relationship, they are not married for god shake.
    Yeah I know the fb think is a bit stupid but she always with his bf everytime we see each other.
    I just want to get to know her more.

ReputationRep:
    What happens if he turns out to be completely psychotic and beats you up when he finds out.

tbh from what you;ve said this paragraph:

I'm planning to ask her out on facebook, should I do it? I couldn't wait until they break up because it would never happen. I think she has been in a relationship too long so she forget that there are many guys out there could make her happier than she is now. That's what I would do because I would do anything for her
    Should I ask her out?

makes you seem just as geeky, insecure and loserish as you seem to see him.

Who the hell tries to split up a couple on a crush, especially as you haven't properly talked to the girl and appear to have no mutual intimacy with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Check my first post I never say I better than him, I just say I don't think he suits her and she deserves more than that. Her friends say the same thing too, I mean it's so freaking obvious. Even if she say yes, it doesn't mean she's a bad girl or anything, they are in a relationship, they are not married for god shake.
    Yeah I know the fb think is a bit stupid but she always with his bf everytime we see each other.
    Just to quote you:

"She is beautiful, lovely and the best girlfriend any guys could ask for. I got this huge crush on her ever since we first met. What I don't get is her bf, he is a nerd, he is not good looking, he is not even funny (I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous but my friend say it too) and they've been together for a freaking long time.

I'm planning to ask her out on facebook, should I do it? I couldn't wait until they break up because it would never happen. I think she has been in a relationship too long so she forget that there are many guys out there could make her happier than she is now. That's what I would do because I would do anything for her "

Basically you're implying that you could make her happier than her current boyfriend. This means that on some level you think you are superior to him. This is all backed up by the fact you talk down on him for being "nerdy", "not good looking" and "not even funny", which implies that you are not those things.

In sum: your entire post reeks of arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure that she doesn't have 6 other evil ex's if you start dating her.

I know it's wrong but before judging me please read.
    She's a friend of one of my friends we met several times but we hardly talk to each other as she always goes with her bf.
    She is beautiful, lovely and the best girlfriend any guys could ask for. I got this huge crush on her ever since we first met. What I don't get is her bf, he is a nerd, he is not good looking, he is not even funny (I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous but my friend say it too) and they've been together for a freaking long time.

I'm planning to ask her out on facebook, should I do it? I couldn't wait until they break up because it would never happen. I think she has been in a relationship too long so she forget that there are many guys out there could make her happier than she is now. That's what I would do because I would do anything for her
    Should I ask her out?

tldr version: I'm a male version of Avril Lavigne in 'Girlfriend', should I ask her out?
    I'm in the same situation as you, but being the girl after a guy with a girlfriend. I didn't have feelings for him when we first met, but they broke up soon after and he flirted with me loads, and I fell for him.. and then they got back together. Anyway, a fast forward a few months for still loads of texting, compliments on my looks etc, gym "dates", amazing hugs and dances (at parties), I'm still not over him. And it's not just me, I know he is attracted to me for example when he doesn't remember a night, he always asks if we got off, as if he's doubting himself, this is among other reasons.

Anyway to the point: my friends have put it to me that how would I feel if that girl was my friend, how would I feel then? Or how would I feel if a girl took away my boyfriend? I don't like the idea of being "the other girl".

Being an outsider looking into a relationship, no matter how many comments you get from them about how the other person in it isn't good (this guy is always commenting on things about his gf he doesn't like to me) you can't know everything that is going on in the relationship. It's best to leave it, tbf. It may seem that they are unhappy but that isn't always the case.

I know you don't want to here it, because I don't want to either, but there are other fish in the sea. You've just gotta look for them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    http://images1.memegenerator.net/Ima...e=Courage-Wolf

always brought back to this.
    You have my respect, good sir. Congratulations on a brilliant use of the wolf

ReputationRep:
    Tell her bf how you feel about her then challenge him to a fight to the death......I seriously see no other way

ReputationRep:
    Or you could just buy her, since apparently girlfriends are property that you can steal?

ReputationRep:
    I know it's wrong but before judging me please read.
    She's a friend of one of my friends we met several times but we hardly talk to each other as she always goes with her bf.
    She is beautiful, lovely and the best girlfriend any guys could ask for. I got this huge crush on her ever since we first met. What I don't get is her bf, he is a nerd, he is not good looking, he is not even funny (I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous but my friend say it too) and they've been together for a freaking long time.

Should I ask her out?

tldr version: I'm a male version of Avril Lavigne in 'Girlfriend', should I ask her out?
    No he is probably good looking and he probably is funny, your saying it because your jealous and your friend is only saying it because your friends and he doesn't want to make you feel bad about it(i.e he's just telling you what you want to here so you don't have a rage at him)

Stealing other guys gfs is a **** move, you either wait till shes free or you accept life dealt you a bad hand and move on.

That doesn't mean you can't put across your interested in her and if she does eventually break up with her boyfriend you'd be "there for her" but you do that subtly by telling her she looks good/pretty today etc etc and risk being permanantly friend zoned rather than flat out asking her out.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously her bf can't be that bad if they've been together for a long time. You said that you've only spoken a couple of times so how do you even know that you'd want to be together once you got to know her? Don't risk your friendship for something that won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to get to know her more
    You don't need to ask her out to do that. Just meet up with her and other friends (which might include her boyfriend) and just get to know her that way.

ReputationRep:
    Don't judge? We already have from the thread title!!
    You sound to me like a little immature boy who thinks that looks account for everything. You even highlighted that by putting her looks as her first key attribute.
    It's obvious that there is something that is keeping them together so long, so stop being judgemental and underestimating him from what you see!

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out on facebook????:eek: ......What a Romeo ...

I'd say if it's ever going to happen....it will find a way of happening....

let time take it's course...and if she realy likes you back....she'll break up with her boyfriend and let you whisk her away...

but....if she's happy right now.....and you really like her let her be happy and move on.....you never know what the future holds anyways....

don't go stealing her....it's not romantic (unless she's in love with you) and it could go horribly wrong and make you look really bad

ReputationRep:
    lol you're gonna ask her out on facebook? And her boyfriend is the nerd?

ReputationRep:
    aim to just become good friends....
    then if they do break up, you'll be there...
    other than that, she seems happy with the dude shes with now. Not all people think nerds are loosers...

ReputationRep:

You just said she deserves more than him and then said YOU would ask her out.Wow nicking someones bird is not cool and to be honest I don't think she'll apreciate it either. If you steal that gentlemans ***** I assure you I'll rape you both ROFL

ReputationRep:
    So let's say she decides to jump ship, what makes you so sure she wouldn't do the exact same thing to you?

I never understand why people try go after other people's partners, seems to be really illogical unless you're just interested in them for sex.

ReputationRep:
    Hope I'm not the boyfriend...

(Original post by a_t)
    lol you're gonna ask her out on facebook? And her boyfriend is the nerd?
    read the post carefully pls.
    I said Yeah I know the fb think is a bit stupid but she always with his bf everytime we see each other. How the **** I suppose to ask her out when her bf there? Beside it's not like I'm gonna make her my gf in 1 day. It more like friends going out to know more about each other.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.