Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    This isn't true... when it comes to something as complex as the Muslim extremist psyche the reason for terrorism is due to an amalgam of reasons... brainwashing, wrong interpretation of Qu'ran, hatred for the West in general, provocation etc.

People tend to think terrorism is very new phenomenon, but before America and Britain invaded Iraq and Afghanistan there was much less oppression and provocation, yet there was plenty of terrorism... Kenyan bombings, Lockerbie etc.
    Terrorism is old. But modern "jihadist" terrorists are a new phenomenon, the Kenyan bombings and the Lockerbie bombing were motivated by western terrorism my friend. The west has been intimidating nd threatining Middle Eastern countries far before the Lockerbie bombing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    You would like this video (and probably the artist Lowkey) OP:

"America inflicted a million Ground Zeros".

Watch on YT for better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A
    thats real grime there

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really like to have lived under the Taliban either.

ReputationRep:
    I applaud OP.

Seriously. Military might is no way to counter terrorism. Terrorism is fueled not only be religious fanaticism but killing of families and loved ones as well as economic disparities in regions as well as delays in justice. Its a stupid notion that something fueled by powerful emotions can be put down with military might.. But who came up with idea in the first place: BUSH and CHENNEY. No wonder we are all ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    You would like this video (and probably the artist Lowkey) OP:

"America inflicted a million Ground Zeros".

Watch on YT for better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A
    Usually dislike lowkey but this and the song terrorist I rate. nice alternate perspective on things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9a3iqa)
    The ignorance on TSR and western society in general is appaling.
    Ignorant compared to who, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    you say that like us members of TSR are all personally responsible for the wars in the middle east

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    It might reduce terrorism, but it wouldn't be stopped. Some people object to the very existence of western society and will always seek to destroy it.
    That's what our Government want you believe.

Fear breeds Ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism is old. But modern "jihadist" terrorists are a new phenomenon, the Kenyan bombings and the Lockerbie bombing were motivated by western terrorism my friend. The west has been intimidating nd threatining Middle Eastern countries far before the Lockerbie bombing.
    I disagree with this... there may have been a bit of provocation (certainly no where near enough to call it "western terrorism"), but the Arab governments' reactions were wholly unjustified.

Whereas, the governments' reaction to the invasions, although still unjustified, are far more understandable.

ReputationRep:
    kill all the muslims, pmsl! jk jk....kill them before they kill you of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the prodigy)
    Lmao all the wikileaks stuff you didnt quote made me laugh, the thing is saudi have been almost begging america to attack Iran, and you know what they've done, nothing, they've shown restraint and are trying for a more diplomatic resolution, so ummm fail on your part....

Also can you tell me how the west are killing & stealing from people in afgan and iraq, as if an innocent civ is killed they are actually given money from the uk/us govn, so ermmm, not really stealing is it...

And finally can you point me towards a non bias link that shows me the evidence that hundreds of thousands of innocent people have been killed. ty
    Well thats the point isn't it? If western governments really valued democracy they would not be allies with Saudi Arabia (a dictatorship) would they? They attacked Iraq because they wanted to "free its people". But why don't they then free the Saudi people from their tyrannical rulers? Wake up to the real world. The rubbish you have been taught is laughable. Most people will be sheep though so I don't blame you if you want to remain a sheep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    I disagree with this... there may have been a bit of provocation (certainly no where near enough to call it "western terrorism"), but the Arab governments' reactions were wholly unjustified.

Whereas, the governments' reaction to the invasions, although still unjustified, are far more understandable.
    It was more than provocation, it was opression and robbery at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the prodigy)
    Lmao all the wikileaks stuff you didnt quote made me laugh, the thing is saudi have been almost begging america to attack Iran, and you know what they've done, nothing, they've shown restraint and are trying for a more diplomatic resolution, so ummm fail on your part....

Also can you tell me how the west are killing & stealing from people in afgan and iraq, as if an innocent civ is killed they are actually given money from the uk/us govn, so ermmm, not really stealing is it...

And finally can you point me towards a non bias link that shows me the evidence that hundreds of thousands of innocent people have been killed. ty
    What OP was trying to say is that Wikileaks shows the ugliness behind governments and the lies they proliferate.

And what about the people killed by drones in Pakistan??? THEY ARE NOT COMPENSATED MY FRIEND. They're lives are destroyed and no one is there to provide them with speedy justice, hence they seek revenge. Voila, a suicide bomber kills 15 in Karachi. Also money is not equal to the life of a loved one. I hope you know that.

Please do not try and justify this ridiculous approach to combating terrorism. Its been 9 years and it has not worked still. The Allies defeated Nazi Germany in Six years but cannot defeat a rabble deranged lunnies from the desert???Wake up and smell the coffee. It does not work.

ReputationRep:
    You do know that if the West leaves those countries alone terrorism will die don't you? After all there will be no justification to attack innocents.
    as if there is any justification to kill innocent people

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god people are actually talking about muslim terrorists like they really exist!!

Do you think 50 random men have the ability to hijack two planes and fly them into the world trade towers (which any normal pilot would find difficult) not to mention in the most secure country on earth. Where were all the american fighter planes on the day of 9/11 why were they all told to do different things and a few days before the attack there was a law saying that fighter planes cant shoot down a plane unless instructed by the general. WHy did the us army have routines and drills such as what to do if the world trade towers was attacked on the same day as the attack.

There are no terrorists. WHy are you arguing about the justification for "terrorists" to attack us. Its all a scam designed to justify a war and invade oil resources.

ReputationRep:
    It was more than provocation, it was opression and robbery at best.
    I'm sorry, but, where do you get this **** from?? Do you have anything to back-up these ludicrous claims??

I think the only thing you could be reffering to are the Crusades, and if that's the case, then you really need to get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    p.s, Moderators, if you close my thread just because of my opinion then you truly are spineless cowards.
    You do realise that the moderation team only moderates threads and posts that break the rules; it's normally not the opinion, but the expression of that opinion that we moderate. Just :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    as if there is any justification to kill innocent people
    Tell that to the US and UK governments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    Oh my god people are actually talking about muslim terrorists like they really exist!!

Do you think 50 random men have the ability to hijack two planes and fly them into the world trade towers (which any normal pilot would find difficult) not to mention in the most secure country on earth. Where were all the american fighter planes on the day of 9/11 why were they all told to do different things and a few days before the attack there was a law saying that fighter planes cant shoot down a plane unless instructed by the general. WHy did the us army have routines and drills such as what to do if the world trade towers was attacked on the same day as the attack.

There are no terrorists. WHy are you arguing about the justification for "terrorists" to attack us. Its all a scam designed to justify a war and invade oil resources.
    WOW

ReputationRep:
    Again, a reminder to people; keep it civil please. The atmosphere in this thread is already heating up - there's no need for it to boil over into a shouting match, when we can debate this topic in a calm manner.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.