Best Insurer for 19yr Males? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    Churchill FTW.
    just tried churchill, they wont quote me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xc1991)
    just tried tesco - they won't insure me
    Might have changed their policy on young drivers or something, I've been insured with them for three nearly years since I turned 17.

ReputationRep:
    They quoted me £3500 on a fiesta... no modifications or anything. It's a joke. No idea where to look now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by initiation)
    Footman James for the beetle and for the baja a broker called Volkszone but is essentially Herts Insurance.

Both classic policies (companies do do modern car insurance as well) but you will be surprised what they count as classic. You will have to ring up though as FJ don't give quotes to young drivers online.

I have also heard mixed things about Adrian Flux but may be worth a go.

I called Footman James about 6 months ago (@ 17) on a 11 year old car and they wouldn't insure me.

I'll try again with a older car and see what they say. I'm now 18 so it may make a difference.

How old are you btw?

ReputationRep:
    direct line wont even give me a quote mate!
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Seriously?!
    Direct line wont give any quotes out above £2500.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You're just going to get a list of big names.

Tomorrow, phone up Churchill, Admiral, Direct Line, Aviva, Tesco and Elephant (in that order) and see if they can get you a better quote.

£1400 for a 1.4 when you've never had your own policy and therefore no NCB (two years named driver doesn't mean much because you might not have driven it at all) isn't that bad though, in all fairness. As soon as you get your years NCB you'll see your premium going down. But if you stay on your dad's policy forever, that will never happen. You may have to bite the bullet. I did.
    Yeah- deffinately try tesco- they deffinately turned out the cheapest by far for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Yeah- deffinately try tesco- they deffinately turned out the cheapest by far for me.
    you're a girl though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)
    I called Footman James about 6 months ago (@ 17) on a 11 year old car and they wouldn't insure me.

I'll try again with a older car and see what they say. I'm now 18 so it may make a difference.

How old are you btw?

Currently 20 so driving 3 years, been insured with FJ from when I was 18 (3 renewals now), was with Liverpool & Victoria at 17 but that was before they 'rebranded'.

Well you must own a Subaru or Range Rover then, because they insure anyway.

ReputationRep:
      you're a girl though
      They were still at least a couple of hundred quid cheaper than all my other quotes though. Try them.

ReputationRep:
      just to clear things up i have tried:

direct line-no quote
      churchill - no quote
      adrian flux- more than £2k
      quinn- £2500

3rd party
      admiral- £1200
      elephant- £1200
      Endsligh- £1400

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by initiation)
      Currently 20 so driving 3 years, been insured with FJ from when I was 18 (3 renewals now), was with Liverpool & Victoria at 17 but that was before they 'rebranded'.
      There website says they wont insure anyone under 25. Confusing.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.