Biffy Clyro's 'Many Of Horror' to get xmas No1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    i love biffy clyro, he has an amazing voice

expect to here this alot
    Biffy clyro is a band not a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    Surfin' Bird (i.e the 'bird is the word' song) is better.
    I loathe that song, I really do. It's probably my "Most Hated Song Ever", which is quite an achievement.
    Reason being that every time I used to go out and get pissed with a certain friend, she'd always put it on the jukebox... and the more she drunk, the more times she put it on. I ended up having to drink myself stupid just so that I couldn't concentrate on it (which in itself isn't a bad thing ).

Biffy Clyro? No. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a shame that the idea of a Christmas #1 doesn't include the word Christmas in it. I mean, I loathe Wizzard and Slade, but at least they had the word in there. Sure, multiculturalism and let's not force our quasi-religious spend-fest down the throats of the Jews and Muslims (and other denominations) in the country...but, where is the Christmas in Many of Horror, or Bird is the Word??

Personally, I'm trying to get people to see the error of their ways, and spend many, many shiny pennies on:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    Biffy clyro is a band not a guy

its called sarcasm.....

try reading it again.

ReputationRep:
    It's worth a shot, even if it doesn't make the number one. It's too close to x-mas though and too many people are having their own seperate groups - it won't be like last year's RATM rally unfortunately. Don't worry though, we'll get number one next year.

ReputationRep:
    It was my understanding that everyone had heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    It was my understanding that everyone had heard
    heard what?

ReputationRep:
    I like Matt. But I hate the fact that now people are gonna think of that song as his rather than recognising the original. Which hasn't even been out very long and is a damn good song!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the original to Matt's cover - it really is a wonderful song.

I won't be buying any of the contenders for Xmas No.1 though. Spotify and the radio are my main sources of music, rather than downloads etc now.

ReputationRep:
    How angry people are at this is amusing, I might just buy the x-factor for the lolz.
    It's only because Biffy have suddenly become the new band to bum, sorry muse your days are numbered.

'I've personally always wanted to have a Christmas number one that's a reality TV show cover version of a song by a band with low enough aspirations to want to rip off Snow Patrol.' What a god Stuart Heritage is.

Now don't get me wrong I like Biffy a lot, prefer Marmaduke but thats neither here nor there, but the hate appearing is funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    heard what?

can't make the frikkin video embed =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WDSp4vGp0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Biffy Clyro's song has officially become pop

'Pop' means popular. Is this a problem? Biffy will recieve oodles of attention - and royalty fees - from this and their music will gain a wider audience.

When Hallelujah was released 2 years ago both Leonard Cohen's original and Jeff Buckley's versions ended up in the charts, Biffy's song will almost inevitably end up re-entering the charts now, as well as Cardle's version. Its that good a song it deserves it, it barely scraped the top20 first time around due to Biffy's low profile.

Why is it so many people are averse to music being widely regarded and popular?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.