Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Duke of Edinburgh Award Question Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew Mooney)
    Thank you for your reply. One further question I have is regarding proof of your skill etc. For example, at the bottom of the log sheets which I have downloaded it says that I can include photographs, scans etc in order to serve as additional proof for your 'achievement pack. Have you done anything like this, or have you just been getting people to sign your sheet? All I have so far are signatures, mind you I've only been oding the award for about three or four weeks, so I suppose I could start taking pictures if necessary.

Also, what are you doing for your physical section? I'm thinking of doing general cardio-vascular fitness training at the gym every week in order to allow me to do runs for charity, like 6, 8 and 10km. Would I be able to get someone at the gym to sign it for me if I just mention to them at the start of every gym session if they could briefly check my progress and then sign the form at the end?

Thanks in advance.
    Heyy
    I'm doing the DofE at the moment and some of ur questions were very useful to me. I was wondering if u actually did ur physical section at the gym in the end? did they accept it?? and who did u get to sign it for u? do u need to sign it at the gym every week or just once u have finished the 6 months. Thanks for u help and sorry about all the questions...its just because my leader is not really too helpful xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorobolorolo)
    Heyy
    I'm doing the DofE at the moment and some of ur questions were very useful to me. I was wondering if u actually did ur physical section at the gym in the end? did they accept it?? and who did u get to sign it for u? do u need to sign it at the gym every week or just once u have finished the 6 months. Thanks for u help and sorry about all the questions...its just because my leader is not really too helpful xD
    Dunno about that guy but I did my physical at the gym, and all I did was have a fitness instructor that did my induction who I regularly saw at the gym write a note saying I had regularly attended the gym between the set dates and sign it. Then just had a couple of pictures of me in the gym, and my gym membership card.

I scanned all that and put it on eDOFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Dunno about that guy but I did my physical at the gym, and all I did was have a fitness instructor that did my induction who I regularly saw at the gym write a note saying I had regularly attended the gym between the set dates and sign it. Then just had a couple of pictures of me in the gym, and my gym membership card.

I scanned all that and put it on eDOFE.
    Thank you...and sorry for the very late reply

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I am doing the physical section of DofE at a gym. I haven't actually started yet. But was wondering how I would get it signed of at the end. And what kinda prove I would need and how I would prove it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.