Me Likey, So Me Lighty

£1000 ---> Paddy's Wallet

Me ------> Christine Martin

:sexface:

----> (means into)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Gold.
    Why? Gold is at it's highest price at the moment, and isn't going to get that much higher. In the next few years I see the price of gold declining.

ReputationRep:
    Invest in Cash ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Invest in Cash ISA.
    I believe you can't find a good rate of return that counteracts inflation if you have only £1000.

ReputationRep:
    My ISA. I'm too much of a wimp to risk anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Fast Track Instructor course at Plas-y-Brenin, Snowdonia

ReputationRep:
    I need to buy some new sneakers, a couple pairs of high end Jordans. I'd get a new phone as well. And keep the rest to myself.

ReputationRep:
    Guns. Zombie apocalypse has got to happen sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    the price of gold has tripled in the past 5 years

js

ReputationRep:
    Anyone said drugs and hookers yet?

1 fine lady of the night..... or 7 fairly ugly, fat ladies/lady-boys of the night.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol. I could get 56 bottles of Southern Comfort. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Put it in the bank.
    Or you could buy (or put it towards) a car.
    Or you could just invest it in me- lol.

ReputationRep:
    BP.

ReputationRep:
    Highest interest savings account I could find, or an ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swift464)
    Hey, as the title above states... just wondering what people's investment ideas would be if they only had £1000......
    Develop a forum or website on something that interests you and could see yourself spending a lot of time doing. You only need to use around £100 - £200 initially. I would use maybe another £200 on a marketing strategy to get that website running. You need to offer something new to the table and find a way of getting word around. You can make constant income from the adverts in the future and sell your website for around 12x what it earns monthly pretty easily from what I have seen.

Been a great way for me to turn around $50 into $1000 in the past. Seen young people turn £1000 into about £5000 in a year with the time, dedication, a bit of knowledge and the eye to spot an opportunity.

That is what I would do personally - low barriers to entry .

ReputationRep:
    Charity to find madeline mcan... lol jk... I know where she is

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably spend it on something i think i want but don't (last stupid purchase when i got my tax return was a piano. i can't play the piano, i have no intention to learn to play the piano and i have absolutely no room in my bedroom for a bloody piano)

ReputationRep:
    Premium bonds.... not getting much interest atm anyway in savings and premium bonds are protected so you can't lose your money like in a bank. You obviously can also win a prize every month. Just not a good longterm investment i.e over 10years plus as you will lose out due to inflation.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I was a billionaire and you were asking me this question I would probably give it to charity.
    If I was average earning person and you asked me this question I would probably invest in some shares/uni fees.
    If I was poor and you were asking me this question I would invest in the essentials a roof over my head heating clothes food etc...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.