Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mechanics is easy if you get it. Statistics has the option to just regurgitate everything.

ReputationRep:
    pappymajek, majikthise, llpokermuffinll and all of the above,
    thank you so much.
    I really appreciate your opinions.
    I think that I'll go with Statistics!!

Really, THANK YOU! You guys have chosen me a path towards my future.
    I promise I'll try to pass it with an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aylin9311)
    No not yet, I'm about to take them on May/June
    Are you just doing the AS then? You have to do C1 and C2 so do S1. It's easy. What board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Stats is a little boring, but is actually useful in a large range of non-science subjects.

Mechanics is interesting, and something every self respecting human being should know, but is of limited academic use outside of physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Mechanics is interesting, and something every self respecting human being should know, but is of limited academic use outside of physics.
    I was going to disagree and say that all you need from mechanics is to know Newton's laws, but thinking about it all of A-level mechanics is basically "given f=ma, fill in the rest" anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    I was going to disagree and say that all you need from mechanics is to know Newton's laws, but thinking about it all of A-level mechanics is basically "given f=ma, fill in the rest" anyway!

conservation of energy is also a pretty useful concept.
    as are velocity and kinematics, resolution of forces, momentum, magnus force etc etc.

Understanding this stuff at a reasonable level helps you do all sort of things, from throwing a frisbee to playing pool to propping up a ladder to levering open a manhole cover to...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.