Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm really confused as well...

I'm wanting to leave university as soon as possible, and I feel really unhappy here. But I can't afford to leave until I pay the £1,800 contract rent on the house, Ideally, I want to use the incoming student finance to do that, and then just leave, but i'm unsure if I will be able to do that or not, anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I want to transfer to a course that I do from home which is labelled as a part time degree. I was thinking of waiting to get my next maintenance loan and then doing the transfer. But because if I transfer to a part time course you don't receive a maintenance loan would they ask for it back?

Don't want to risk it and not be able to pay my rent

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatherineH123)
    Hello,

I want to transfer to a course that I do from home which is labelled as a part time degree. I was thinking of waiting to get my next maintenance loan and then doing the transfer. But because if I transfer to a part time course you don't receive a maintenance loan would they ask for it back?

Don't want to risk it and not be able to pay my rent

Thanks
    Yes, you would be expected to repay that installment in full, from your transfer date.

ReputationRep:
    But would it be included in my overall debt or would they ask for it back straight away in the same year?
    • Community Assistant

(Original post by KatherineH123)
    But would it be included in my overall debt or would they ask for it back straight away in the same year?
    If you can prove your in financial hardship you can pay it back once you finish studying or you can choose to set up a payment plan.

If you phone SFE and say your in financial hardship and want to defer the overpayment of your ML due to financial hardship they will email you a financial hardship form.

You would need to provide past 3 months bank statements, financial obligations your struggling with such as rent etc and any other evidence that shows your in debt and can't afford to pay it back right now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.