Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ian,

If it was for me I would go for Loughborough. I already have a friend there and I can tell that he's more than happy.

Anyway, could you tell me how long it took until Loughborough sent u an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bRunner)
    Hey Ian,

If it was for me I would go for Loughborough. I already have a friend there and I can tell that he's more than happy.

Anyway, could you tell me how long it took until Loughborough sent u an offer?
    i know that's another reason. most of my mates who have siblings in loughborough say it's a great place. Whereas warwick isn't too great :P

It took them about 3 weeks to get a reply but i'm an international student so that could play a factor? where else are you applying are you aplplying for the same course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    i know that's another reason. most of my mates who have siblings in loughborough say it's a great place. Whereas warwick isn't too great :P

It took them about 3 weeks to get a reply but i'm an international student so that could play a factor? where else are you applying are you aplplying for the same course?
    I'm an international student too What are your predicted grades? I'm applying to international Business, they want at least 36 IB scores. But my predicted is only 34 :/. You think I have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to decide my firm choice for university. I have two great offers where i would love to go to. However i don't know which to put as my firm. I'm an international student and been in international schools most of my school life. It's not about the grades i reckon i could get A*AA. Just struggling to decide :/ To many of you it may seem stupid to even consider loughborough but i reckon their course structure would be good for future employment. I don't want to go to university to just "work" i want to go out and enjoy myself as well.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where to go? The pros/cons for each course? I thought up of a few.

The University of Warwick (W20) - Management (N200) Offer A*AA
    Pros
    Prestigious - Good for future employment

Cons
    Expensive - 16000 pounds annual fee
    High Offer - Too much pressure
    Social life?- location

Loughborough University (L79)- Accounting and Financial Management (4 year SW) (NN34) Offer AAB

Pros
    Lower offer - less stress
    Cheaper fees - 11000 pounds
    Social Life - Friends from school going there

Cons
    Sausage fest? i been told :P
    Not as good for future employment - however due to the sandwich course firm employing me on my third year may pay for my final year and guarantee me a job at the end of it?

i really appreciate if anyone could help me out here
    You have MONTHS yet before you need to make this decision, and a lot can change in that time.

Please read Firm and insurance choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bRunner)
    I'm an international student too What are your predicted grades? I'm applying to international Business, they want at least 36 IB scores. But my predicted is only 34 :/. You think I have a chance?
    My predicted was A*AA. The course only required AAB. It depends how strong your personal statement is and on the other candidates. I wish you the best of luck

(Original post by Minerva)
    You have MONTHS yet before you need to make this decision, and a lot can change in that time.

Please read Firm and insurance choices
    thanks for the link, i was just stressing. I thought it'll be better for me to hear other people's opinion as well.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick has be best SU in the country and its campus is way better than Loughborough's. Loughborough is a great uni but all this Warwick-bashing is totally unfair - people (generally those who don't study at Warwick) talk of there being nothing to do and it being a rubbish location but neither are true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    Warwick has be best SU in the country and its campus is way better than Loughborough's. Loughborough is a great uni but all this Warwick-bashing is totally unfair - people (generally those who don't study at Warwick) talk of there being nothing to do and it being a rubbish location but neither are true.
    Everyone knows that Warwick is much better in academic/reputation terms. They are not asking for higher grades (A*AA) and charging 16k for no reason! It's more whether OP can make the grades and pay up

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about the cost of attending a UK uni as a foreign student then Warwick (3 years) > Loughborough (4 years). Job prospects would also be better for Warwick grads since Warwick Business School is globally respected.

Warwick isn't a boring place - far from it. I was an international student at Warwick and had a fantastic time there - perhaps was one of the happiest years of my life. There are lots to do on campus with classmates, friends, orgmates, dorm-mates, etc and lost of activities to keep you away from boredom... Besides, Birmingham isn't very far away, if don't fancy Coventry.

Having said that, Loughborough isn't shabby; it also has a good reputation in the UK, though not as much as Warwick does especially in the business community like in banking and finance, for example. I haven't thought accounting and financial management are some of Loughborough's strongest. It is excellent in sports studies and engineering however.

For a 4 year program at Loughborough, I'd rather take the 3-year Warwick Bsc program and spend another year at mater's level. For example, 3 years Warwick BSc Management + 1 year Warwick MSc Management or Warwick MSc Finance. Or, 3 years Warwick BSc Management + LSE MSc Management, or 3 years Warwick BSc Management + 1 year Oxford MFE. Lots of Warwick grads do that. I went to an Ivy League school after Warwick instead.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick by far. Loughborough is a huge sausage fest and the nights out consist of Revs, the student union and some little shed building thing. I'm not saying Warwick is a good night out but don't pick a Uni because of where your school friends are going.

Warwick is far more prestigious than Loughborough.

Put it this way, if I had a choice between Liverpool and Loughborough I still would pick Liverpool and I've seen both student lives in detail. If I had a choice between Warwick and Liverpool I would have gone for Warwick (not for the student life but for the CV).

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is better for you probably, It still lacks the social scene though. However much you make of it yourself, you can't create an atmosphere and the excitement of going to a new city with lots to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to decide my firm choice for university. I have two great offers where i would love to go to. However i don't know which to put as my firm. I'm an international student and been in international schools most of my school life. It's not about the grades i reckon i could get A*AA. Just struggling to decide :/ To many of you it may seem stupid to even consider loughborough but i reckon their course structure would be good for future employment. I don't want to go to university to just "work" i want to go out and enjoy myself as well.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where to go? The pros/cons for each course? I thought up of a few.

The University of Warwick (W20) - Management (N200) Offer A*AA
    Pros
    Prestigious - Good for future employment

Cons
    Expensive - 16000 pounds annual fee
    High Offer - Too much pressure
    Social life?- location

Loughborough University (L79)- Accounting and Financial Management (4 year SW) (NN34) Offer AAB

Pros
    Lower offer - less stress
    Cheaper fees - 11000 pounds
    Social Life - Friends from school going there

Cons
    Sausage fest? i been told :P
    Not as good for future employment - however due to the sandwich course firm employing me on my third year may pay for my final year and guarantee me a job at the end of it?

i really appreciate if anyone could help me out here
    Firm Warwick. Insurance Loughborough. Simples.

Also, Warwick has a lot more to offer than just good employment prospects. For one it has a great Students Union that has the most societies in the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.