Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student insomnia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    Ugh, sounds horrible.

I can safely say I feel much better today. Got into bed at half 8, read til around 10, turned off the lamp and I was gone

Woke up automatically at 20 past 7 and was up by half past and just got out the shower.
    Reading's a good one actually. I used to do that quite a bit...the problem is when you get to a really good part and CANT put it down lol.

Myself have not slept yet haha...planning to go to a revision lecture at 12, sleep afters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Reading's a good one actually. I used to do that quite a bit...the problem is when you get to a really good part and CANT put it down lol.

Myself have not slept yet haha...planning to go to a revision lecture at 12, sleep afters.
    I was actually almost falling asleep reading at one point =/ I really should do more reading anyway seeing as I'm studying a course about reading books.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried taking Sleeping pills to help you get abck into the right sleeping routine?

Just use then until your body clock is back on track and then make sure you stop before you become reliant on them to fall asleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistudent11)
    Have you tried taking Sleeping pills to help you get abck into the right sleeping routine?

Just use then until your body clock is back on track and then make sure you stop before you become reliant on them to fall asleep!
    I'm already on anti-epilepsy medication (tumour's been removed before anyone becomes a keyboard warrior) so I don't really want to take anything else.

Gonna repeat last night for the rest of this week and sort myself out. Slept so well last night, it was beautiful, despite being woken up by a phonecall at half 11 =/

ReputationRep:
    1) Have a shot of Whisky
    2) Go to bed
    3) If 10 minutes later you are still awake, go back to step 1.

Too much caffeine or nicotine? :/

ReputationRep:
      The reason why I joined this forum is insomnia. It is half past 4 and I can't sleep. Never had this problem before, usually I sleep like a baby but this year is a bit tough. Sadly to say, I am happy I am not the only one person in this **** ;-)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Becik)
      The reason why I joined this forum is insomnia. It is half past 4 and I can't sleep. Never had this problem before, usually I sleep like a baby but this year is a bit tough. Sadly to say, I am happy I am not the only one person in this **** ;-)
      lol, half 4 is early for me.
      I'm wide awake -,-...
      Only been awake for 19 hours though. So not expecting to sleep till about 9am....might go get a macdonalds breakfast if im up any longer than that

ReputationRep:
      ditto i can last like 2 days without sleep! however i will be screwed i think its exam stress so many things to do!! ah well.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AshleyT)
      lol, half 4 is early for me.
      I'm wide awake -,-...
      Only been awake for 19 hours though. So not expecting to sleep till about 9am....might go get a macdonalds breakfast if im up any longer than that
      Hmm...it's always surprised me how active this forum is at 5 in the morning to be honest! Looks like there's quite a few of us who can't sleep. I'd love to go to sleep at 9am...but I'm out from 08h00 till 21h00 today, so looks like I better drink lots of coffee!

p.s. The macdonalds breakfast you mentioned is now making me crave macdonalds! Very unfortunate I live in a village in the middle of nowhere :/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Acromida)
      Hmm...it's always surprised me how active this forum is at 5 in the morning to be honest! Looks like there's quite a few of us who can't sleep. I'd love to go to sleep at 9am...but I'm out from 08h00 till 21h00 today, so looks like I better drink lots of coffee!

p.s. The macdonalds breakfast you mentioned is now making me crave macdonalds! Very unfortunate I live in a village in the middle of nowhere :/
      Yea, quite often i'd end up staying up until the afternoon when i have things i have to be at in the morning, or even early afternoon...simply because i know i won't be waking up!

Lol that sucks. Luckily i Drive so can do the 20minutes to the Mcdonalds =)

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.