Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who actually likes Biffy Clyro? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I freaking love Biffy.
    I really think you have to get into them, listen to a couple of singles from each album... there is loads of awesome Biffy.
    Don't put Biffy in a Vacuum just because you don't like them, thats well selfish.

Hands down, Biffy are the BEST live band I've ever seen. Amazing band.
    Simon Neil <3

ReputationRep:
    Never liked them. They're boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Never liked them. They're boring.
    In what way are they?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Im going to back up previous posters. They are the greatest live band I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    ME, one of my faves.

Awesome stuff live.

ReputationRep:
    People got bored of bumming muse, biffy supported them. It was the easiest band to bum next

ReputationRep:
    meh
    i love biffy clyro
    but i can understand what you mean i have to agree with others perhaps you should listen to earlier stuff like you have a good taste in music like the red hot chilli peppers (someone looked at what i had on my ipod and said who the hell are they?<blasphemy)
    I have the same problem with kings of leon their latest album sucked ass so repetitive it just seemed like the whole album blended into one long mediocre song and they have betrayed their roots, you know your going mainstream when your being covered on the x factor last years hidious covers of KOL EVERY SINGLE WEEK and the judges saying "your a rockstar" like wtf this year biffy has been hijacked and quite frankly i feel quite disturbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heavenly Duck)
    I know this might upset a lot of people and I'm not going out my way to give anyone any hassle but I just wanna say I really don't like Biffy Clyro! It just completely gives me a sore head and I can't spend more than 2 minutes listening to them. I'm a fan of good rock bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gunz N' Rose, Oasis, Muse etc etc and I just think Biffy Clyro belongs in a vacuum (where sound cannot travel). I have a large variety of musical preferences and I believe that Biffy Clyro is majorly mainstream and "the in thing". . .As a strong individual, I just really wanna know if anyone else shares the same opinion as me (without getting abuse from people who don't share my view).
    There's nothing wrong with mainstream rock. If I were in a band, I'd want to influence and affect as many people as possible. I only like their new stuff, their old stuff is too heavy for me. They've created some beautiful songs with this new album. The real question here is your liking for Oasis. (bleh). I just don't get the hype for them.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really like them when i first heard them, thought they were very average. They grew on me though. By about the 3rd listen I was singing along. If I'd only heard their singles on the radio I'd probably have the same opinion of them as you.
    However, I've now seen them 5 times live and they put on an AMAZING show, dramatic, awesome lighting, full of energy. It was only after seeing them live for the first time I really got into them

ReputationRep:
    not so much, although I am quite partial to marmaduke duke.

ReputationRep:
    I saw Biffy Clyro live at Leeds this summer and they were really good. I can't say I'd listened to their stuff much before then, and there are some of their songs that I'm not a huge fan of. Personally, I think some of the stuff on their new album is great, namely Many of Horror, The Captain and Bubbles, but then I haven't really listened to their old stuff, and maybe it's better.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Biffy... they're my second most seen band live and they're pretty much awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    In what way are they?
    :dontknow: They just generally don't interest me very much.

ReputationRep:
    I saw them live last year at a festival which was the first time I listened to their music and they impressed me. Really good atmosphere, got the crowd going, good music... Tbh I'm impressed with an act that sounds good live because there are so many acts around now that can't pull off a live performance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care for this band, but what was the point of this thread? Why don't we all start a thread to tell everyone what band we don't like.

ReputationRep:
    I personally really don't like them but I know many who do.

ReputationRep:
    i love biffy.
    they're amazing live too!

it's true they're probably not your typical "rock" band since they seem to be having a lot more pop-py and ballad songs. but hey, i'm not complaining.

i just hate how they're now associated with x-factor. ugh.

(hmm, just realised, i should probably change my signature now. ha.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heavenly Duck)
    I know this might upset a lot of people and I'm not going out my way to give anyone any hassle but I just wanna say I really don't like Biffy Clyro! It just completely gives me a sore head and I can't spend more than 2 minutes listening to them. I'm a fan of good rock bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gunz N' Rose, Oasis, Muse etc etc and I just think Biffy Clyro belongs in a vacuum (where sound cannot travel). I have a large variety of musical preferences and I believe that Biffy Clyro is majorly mainstream and "the in thing". . .As a strong individual, I just really wanna know if anyone else shares the same opinion as me (without getting abuse from people who don't share my view).
    Well how are all the bands that you say you do like not mainstream? They are all mainstream bands.

Gun's 'n' Roses not Gunz they're not some ****ty London gangsta rappers!

ReputationRep:
    I really like Biffy Clyro.
    Their first song I heard was 'Who's Got a Match?' so I guess some would class me as a 'new fan', but I did then go and listen to their old stuff after hearing Mountains and then the Puzzle album.
    I love both their old and new stuff, they're awesome in their different ways and I regret not having seen them live... =[ ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella37)
    i love biffy.
    they're amazing live too!

it's true they're probably not your typical "rock" band since they seem to be having a lot more pop-py and ballad songs. but hey, i'm not complaining.

i just hate how they're now associated with x-factor. ugh.

(hmm, just realised, i should probably change my signature now. ha.)

noo please keep it so people might actually see there was an original song!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.