Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If we got rid of makeup, girls would be nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Oh the irony.
    this is one instance where i had to get people's attention and it's on the internet.

girls do it every single waking minute of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfactorfan)
    this is one instance where i had to get people's attention and it's on the internet.

girls do it every single waking minute of the day.
    You had to grab our attention? Why? To tell us all of this miraculous observation that girls are wearing makeup? :eek:

As for the part about girls attention seeking, see my nice long comment I wrote you. We really don't do it for attention.

You're clearly just bitter that a hot girl wearing makeup rejected you, or something of the like.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason you say this OP, is because you're so used to seeing girls with make-up. It's far rarer to see a "naked" face and therefore, when you do see one, it looks slightly alien and weird.

Don't worry, if make-up had never been invented, you'd still be desperately chasing after women.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I remember once in school someone who was in a group of girls who I found incredibly intimidating said to me "you're so lucky that you have to confidence to go out without wearing make-up" (still don't wear any, aside from balls and stuff. Not even eyeliner ). I thought that was pretty sad :sadnod:

Certainly for quite a few people I know, it seems to act as a mask and they'd be terrified to be seen without it

ReputationRep:
    I think it's personally up to each individual girl. I don't like the fake, orange look, especially since I have very fair skin but I prefer wearing mascara to having no make up on. That said, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if make up suddenly vanished.

Make up just enhances looks; believe it or not, most girls don't wear it as face paint!

ReputationRep:
    An attractive women will be attractive whether she chooses to wear any kind of make-up or not. Same goes with ugly women. No amount of slap can cure unattractiveness.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Not that I wear make-up on a regular basis, but isn't make-up supposed to enhance natural beauty? I agree that these days, make-up is sometimes very overpowering and unattractive but it can also make people feel individual and creative. Anyway, this is, as you stated, a generalisation. Most girls use make-up for themselves, it is only the minority that wear make-up as they feel pressured, both socially and by the opposite sex.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'll admit I wear makeup most days. But if I go out without it on (say to the shops or something), I'm not the type to completely freak out about it.
    Girls who say "I'd never leave the house without makeup", or ones that spend forever getting ready in the morning do my head in, I'm glad I'm not like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    You're clearly just bitter that a hot girl wearing makeup rejected you, or something of the like.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

ReputationRep:
    Makeup or no makeup, I'd still rather shag a girl rather than a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think im the best looking girl out there, but i dont wear any make up what so ever to enhance my looks. I was put off a long time ago when a beautician said i would get wrinkles at an earlier age.

ReputationRep:
    The truth is, men are naturally better looking than women. Women need to wear makeup in order to look passable and presentable. Men, on the other hand, don't need to wear makeup to look good or even passable.

Also, women initially attract men with their looks and therefore need to look as good as possible to attract a guy, and makeup is their tool to look good.

Plus, don't forget that women age faster than men and therefore use makeup to make their skin look younger.

All these hot models you see on tv and in the magazines etc look terrible without makeup. They only look good because they're made up to look good. If you don't believe me, go to Google and look at some of these 'before and after' pics that show celeb women with no makeup vs with makeup.

Failing that, pull a girl in a club for a one night stand and take her back to your place. If she sleeps over then she'll look worse in the morning because her makeup will have faded. That's why a lot of women don't want to stay over on a one night stand, because they don't want you seeing them in the morning in their more natural state.

I truly am shocked when I've seen girls I know or famous celebs without makeup....the difference with no makeup is staggering. A stunner can easily turn out to be a plain Jane with no makeup.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that if women didn't wear makeup, men would have to wear blindfolds in public as it'd be hard to look at a lot of women without cringing.

I didn't make these rules, so don't flame me. It's just the way life is I'm afraid. I'm glad I'm male as I think we men got the better deal here.

ReputationRep:
    OP - we're so used to seeing a lot of people with makeup that they look strange without.
    We like looking nice - you get haircuts and nice shirts to, and a lot of guys I know spend twice as log getting ready as me.
    I generally go to school without makeup simply because sleep is more important to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BambieWambie)
    I don't think im the best looking girl out there, but i dont wear any make up what so ever to enhance my looks. I was put off a long time ago when a beautician said i would get wrinkles at an earlier age.
    That's a myth. As long as you remove it properly, moisturise your skin, and drink plenty of wanter, your skin will be fine. Wearing makeup or not, if you don't do those things, you'll age quicker.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand how the conclusion follows from the premise.

You seem to be implying that all girls wear make up and most would look bad without it, and if girls looked bad then they would be nothing. Even if girls were less pretty (which I would question anyway) it's pretty awful you think being unattractive would make them "nothing". Staggeringly sexist and shallow don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't wear make-up.
    If you're going to tell me I do, well, that's a bit tricky because there isn't any physically present in my room. So not sure how that would work...

ReputationRep:
    I literally can't believe that OP thinks that all girls wear makeup all of the time. It's ridiculous because there certainly are women out there who don't. I hardly ever wear makeup and when I do it's because I'm going to something nice in the evening or playing in a concert. Why the hell would I need to put on makeup during the day when I spend it with my friends who know what I'm like and couldn't care less about what I look like. It's certainly not worth spending time on in the morning either. It would eat into my perfect 5 minute getting up plan which makes space for maximum sleep!

ReputationRep:
    at the end of the day guys will still want to get their ends away

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear any make-up at all during the day, and I agree it is very sad when girls say that they "can't live without make-up". If (most) guys can, why can't girls?

Sure I get the occasional pimple like most teenagers do but it is never that bad that I lose my ability to walk out of the house because I don't smother my skin in foundation all day long, which seems to make it worse in the long run.

It's just so sad how girls seem to think that everyone is staring at them just because they have the slightest imperfection on their skin. Nobody else is perfect so what's the point stressing, and all the models in magazines are plastic and photoshopped anyway...

I have to say though that OP is extremely shallow if he thinks 'girls are worth nothing' who wear make-up, I know I sound anti-make-up but I personally think girls look so much better without it, and OP is talking crap if girls are somehow worthless because they haven't got or have got chemicals on their face. Big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I love makeup, and I see it as a fun hobby and art. It's also a way of expressing myself. OK, not everybody will understand that, but I don't see why we need to get so deep :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.