Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was helping innocent civilians on TSR.

Courtesy, your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently and so it takes me rather longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Regarding doctors appointments, I was going to say that (I even forged a note from my parents) but they had already rung home by that point and obviously my mum would have said if I had an appointment or not (which I didn't). Thanks for the idea though, keep them coming.
    they arn't allowed to call your mum about it, it could have been an appointment about something you didn't want your mum to know about, or you could have just not told her, that might only work if your over 16 otherwise she's allowed to know

ReputationRep:
    I normally go with

• I missed my transfer due to traffic and the next bus was late
    • Been working till late with all the course work
    • much harder to get there due to weather
    • its not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    Say you had snow on your road?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't bad. However, I was around 2 hours late (don't ask lol) so would they really buy the idea that I helped an ill person for that long?
    How long does it take you to get to school? You could say you had to wait until someone got there, & they live however far away, so you could make it up to 2 hours if you wanted to :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Haha, she always seems to get away with it, so it's worth a try xD
    I think I might, just for the lulz The secretries at our school a so suspicious they'd probably ask for a letter from my parents :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You had a job interview? I don't know any other decent ones.

ReputationRep:
    Getting locked in the house is a good one. That's a favourite of mine, and it's happened numerous times in real life. My parents both leave for work before I go to school, and they lock the doors- a few times they've picked up my keys by accident, and I'm well and truly under house arrest.

ReputationRep:
    You were ill, but then you felt better so decided to come in. This is actually true as it's happened to me, and not been just some made up excuse...

ReputationRep:
    ur car broke down

u had a family death

u were away in another location before the day and u had to come in the morning

appointments

ReputationRep:
    that you were walking to school when you saw an injured cat limping across the road, then get hit by a car, but then continue limping, so you had to call the RSPCA and then wait until they'd turned up, and they took ages! happened to my brother a few weeks ago! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh-my-diddy)
    My dog ate the train?

I woke up late?

The driver had a heart attack?

You got caught up in an Ash cloud?

You thought it was cancelled due to the snow?

You thought it was National Truancy Day?

You had to attend your pet moths funeral?
    how about using all of these?

You woke up a little bit late so decided to get the train instead of walk to school. On the journey, the train passed through an ash cloud. In the disorientation due to the ash, a crazed dog ran along the tracks and started to eat the train. Panic set and the passengers started having multiple heart attacks including the driver which caused the train to fly off the tracks and roll straight into a moth sanctuary which happened to be where you recently put your beloved pet moth....Gary. You crawled out of the wreckage and started to plan a funeral for gary however it had to be cancelled because of the snow so you started to make your way to school. You got there and realised it was national truancy day so everything was fine and you didnt need to come up with an excuse.

After your half way through this your teacher would have lost all interest and wouldnt care that your late

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone think of plausible excuses for being numerous hours late to school. Joke replies are expected but a few serious ones are what I'm hoping for ASAP. Bear in mind my school is the type to check with the bus company if you claim your bus broke down (when it really didn't) so your ideas need to be good.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just say I skived and take whatever punishment they give me but I don't really want to do that, especially as I have genuinely skived already this year.

Cheers.
    My favourite excuse was one my mate used, he was late for a physics lecture at college, which is on the 8th floor of the building. When asked why he was late he said:

'I got the lift up, but I got to the 7th floor and realised I'm scared of lifts. So I got the lift back down to the ground floor and walked up instead.'

ReputationRep:
    Erm, my friend once used "My dog had a belly ache"

I recently used "I was attacked by ninjas, then chased by giraffes".

I was actually let off, because my teacher said "ahhha, that made my day".

ReputationRep:
    Had to look after younger siblings
    Or had to take the dog to the vet

ReputationRep:
    The queue at McDonald's was longer than expected.

ReputationRep:
    Say you stopped to help someone who fell over.

ReputationRep:
    Irregular period pattern.

ReputationRep:
    When I was at Uni a girl in my class arrived late and gave just about the most honest excuse for being late I think I've ever heard to this day.

"Sorry I'm late took ages for my boyfriend to finish".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.