Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are conservative party members human? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked I was human.
    Although whether or not I'm a member of the conservative party I honestly can't be sure (long story!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimme More)
    I just watched a live Q and A session with the Home Secretary, Teresa May, making statements about the student protests and have to say I am stunned by the display of illogical emotion I witnessed.

Apart from perhaps two MPs - not one person stated, addressed or asked why these protests have taken place.

I overestimated these individuals' propensities for compassion. I don't even know where to start to describe what I mean. It is as though these people believe they are legitimate representatives of the people, having the mandate of the people, even after they've been shown that nothing can be further from the truth!

The argument being put forward is that a hard core of violent activists infiltrated peaceful protests in order to perpetrate criminal acts! I mean, what kind of mentality would rationalize things in this way?

This so called hard core of trouble makers exists? Where are they then? What makes them suddenly appear? Where were they during the Blair/Brown years? According to the Tories, and even if you ask me, I'd say there was plenty of reason for angry protest under the last government, and yet we did not see this level of animosity.

Teresa.

You need to ask yourself a simple question.

Why is this happening?
    Chin up mate

ReputationRep:
    I just watched a live Q and A session with the Home Secretary, Teresa May, making statements about the student protests and have to say I am stunned by the display of illogical emotion I witnessed.

Apart from perhaps two MPs - not one person stated, addressed or asked why these protests have taken place.

I overestimated these individuals' propensities for compassion. I don't even know where to start to describe what I mean. It is as though these people believe they are legitimate representatives of the people, having the mandate of the people, even after they've been shown that nothing can be further from the truth!

The argument being put forward is that a hard core of violent activists infiltrated peaceful protests in order to perpetrate criminal acts! I mean, what kind of mentality would rationalize things in this way?

This so called hard core of trouble makers exists? Where are they then? What makes them suddenly appear? Where were they during the Blair/Brown years? According to the Tories, and even if you ask me, I'd say there was plenty of reason for angry protest under the last government, and yet we did not see this level of animosity.

Teresa.

You need to ask yourself a simple question.

Why is this happening?
    Okay, what is with all the Tory bashing on this thread? :lolwut:

I actually agree with the university reforms. There is a budget defeciet, incase you members of the bleeding heart morality brigade hadn't noticed.

Oh, and you can see the anarchists, they're the ones wearing black with the balaclavas over their faces.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=82&ty=61

There's some of them.

Stop crying because you aren't getting your council house and your state benefits.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

I actually agree with the university reforms. There is a budget defeciet, incase you members of the bleeding heart morality brigade hadn't noticed.

Oh, and you can see the anarchists, they're the ones wearing black with the balaclavas over their faces.

There's some of them.

Stop crying because you aren't getting your council house and your state benefits.
    Ah the irony of the commie flag these moronic protesters have. Little do many of them realise that a march like this would be met with gunfire and tanks. in the USSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Your a ****. You seem to have completely missed the massive debate that took place in the house. On the day of the tution fee rise and in the weeks before. You also have a massive misunderstanding of the political system of this country.

Really y--
    You're Aj12.

You seem to have missed large sections of standard curricula.

ReputationRep:
    You're Aj12.

Grammatical correction from someone who's name is Gimme More?

Oh the irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Interesting ot to that from what I wrote, but whatever

No, not greedy people, realists.
    Economic Policy should be based on what's best for the country in the long term, not what a few spoilt children want now. Or money grabbing adults.

The Tories arn't Labour, they're not going to bring in stupid policies to get everyone's votes. They're the types that try to cut the deficit, rather than giving away free laptops to scroungers, or setting up a scheme to keep unemployment figures lower. (EMA )
    You know sometimes I wonder why I bother.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You're Aj12.

Yet whenever I quote you, you never respond properly to the posts. You merely type out petty insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ah the irony of the commie flag these moronic protesters have. Little do many of them realise that a march like this would be met with gunfire and tanks. in the USSR
    I know, it's very ironic that our society that they hate so much is what gives them the right to protest. :rolleyes: Complete eijits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

There's some of them.

too true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Yet whenever I quote you, you never respond properly to the posts. You merely type out petty insults.
    A typical leftie - when they have no logical answer, they whip out the insults, usually one of the following:

Racist/homophobe/sexist/elitist/snob/stupid.

One is amazed at their wit. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Grammatical correction from someone who's name is Gimme More?

Oh the irony.
    Well. If you insist on entering a thread with petty insults you should expect derogative responses.

You should also appreciate discipline.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think it would help if they represented people instead of demons?
    because higher fees are the manifestation of Lucifer's evil plans that have been brewing for many thousands of years?

ZOMG DAVID CAMERON IZ DA ANTI-CHRIST ZOMG LULZ

ReputationRep:
    You may not respond in this thread.
    Just did, hunny.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well. If you insist on entering a thread with petty insults you should expect derogative responses.

Are you actually going to respond to any points raised in this thread? Or are you just going to continue to insult posters because you lack any kind of intelligence to be able to respond properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    A typical leftie - when they have no logical answer, they whip out the insults, usually one of the following:

Racist/homophobe/sexist/elitist/snob/stupid.

One is amazed at their wit. :rolleyes:
    I'm left handed, and what?!

Seriously though, such a crap perspective of an entire wing of political thought and ideals just shows how very little you know about politics as a whole.

ReputationRep:

Do my eyes decieve me? A left-winger calling for discipline? Doesn't that violate your precious human rights?! :eek:

Oh, you're the one who started with the insults. The title of the thread was clearly made to try and enrage us.

Can I just ask, the 'Gimme More' in your name, is that referring to government handouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    because higher fees are the manifestation of Lucifer's evil plans that have been brewing for many thousands of years?

ZOMG DAVID CAMERON IZ DA ANTI-CHRIST ZOMG LULZ
    You really should avoid taking this discussion in that direct lest you expose yourself to a series of debilitating epiphanies.

ReputationRep:

Why is this happening?
    Because students do not understand the facts of the situation they are protesting about, on the whole.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bageh...otests_britain

The article does not totally reflect the opinion I stated above, but it is an excellent read. Hopefully it will help to improve your perspective.

ReputationRep:
    The conservatives,

Are they human?
    Or are they wan*ers?
    The sign is vital
    Their blood is cold
    And I'm on my knees
    Looking for the answers
    Are they human?
    Or are they wan*ers?

:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.