Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sam Allardyce sacked by Blackburn Rovers Watch

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, the fat pleb.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a weird decision, sure he hasn't done exceptional things with them but he's made them difficult to beat on a pretty small budget. I doubt they will find someone who will do as well with the squad there

ReputationRep:
    whoa I didn't see this coming, I don't think Blackburn can realistically do much better than they are at the moment. Then again, a lot is expected of a football manager no matter what club they're at...

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting decision. He was doing a decent job.

More foreign owners ruining the EPL.

ReputationRep:
    Is he off on his way to Real Madrid then? :rolleyes:

Big (headed) Sam

ReputationRep:
    I like to think that the new owners had no problem with the league position, just after a month of working with him they realised that he is a complete twunt and couldn't bear to look at his grotesque trainwreck of a face any longer.

This moment right now is my new happy place.

:daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the owners want a top six finish this year :lol:

Well I guess that's what happens when people buy football clubs when they know nothing about the game, its a pity really as he deserved a chance. But I guess thats how the game has become, ruthless.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the guy but he didn't deserve this.

Will anyone that actually deserves to get sacked be fired this season? No? Okay, Ancelotti next :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Disgusting decision. He was doing a decent job.

More foreign owners ruining the EPL.
    What's the EPL? Is it like the NFL?

please don't call it that. thx.

(Original post by Panthalic)
    I like to think that the new owners had no problem with the league position, just after a month of working with him they realised that he is a complete twunt and couldn't bear to look at his grotesque trainwreck of a face any longer.

This moment right now is my new happy place.

:daydreaming:
    :rofl2:

Pretty much agree. From a footballing perspective it's an extremely stupid decision.

However from any other perspective, it's an excellent one. Just hope West Ham aren't subjected to him now.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus,great news for the football world,pop off the champagne....yeah boy.long time cummin
    • TSR Support Team

Another awful decision just like Chris Hughton's sacking, I wonder if these owners were given advice by Mike Ashley.

ReputationRep:
    I've always disliked Allardyce as a manager so I don't mind the decision so much even though he probably didn't deserve it. But the owners promised they give enormous funds of 5 million pounds (possibly enough for Tevez's left shoulder) to spend on signings. Also, the board won't appoint another manager 'for up to 2 months', which is a GREAT idea. Not to mention that John Williams the chairman, who for a long time been very good at his job. A lot of potential problems to come I would say.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.